Full-Stack Java Engineer
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Full-Stack Java Engineer
Software Engineer wanted on a full-stack engineer team! Join a new full-stack engineering team at Capital One in Plano, TX to work on building new mission critical applications from scratch. We are looking for creative developers who are open to new ideas and enjoy working in a highly collaborative setting.
- Contribute to the codebase by developing new MicroServices/APIs in Java/Python/Node.js
- Write tests to cover new and existing functionality
- Evaluates new technologies and stays current on industry best practices
- Continue learning through exploration, articles and attending conferences
- Experience developing with distributed processing systems such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, Nifi, StreamSets, etc
- Experience working with NoSQL DB's
- Familiarity with developing on AWS and using its SDK's
- Develop/use APIs on multiple systems (Splunk, AWS, InfluxDB, HP Applications, google, amazon, ngnix, LUA) to build/enhance internal applications
- Able to quickly adopt emerging open source technologies and enhance/contribute
- Tech savvy and interested in New /emerging technologies (BigData, Machine Learning, Open Source, cloud)
- quick learning and excellent problem solving
- Understanding of basic Networking and databases
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of Java development experience
- At least 2 years' experience working with REST APIs
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- 2+ years' experience working with Postgres SQL
- 2+ years' experience developing on AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top