Full Stack Software Engineer
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if"?
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile application development environment. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication.
Check out our favorites and how you can join our journey:
Who you are:
• You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
• Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
• You love to learn new technologies and mentor/lead junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
• It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and/or open source contributions you are proud to share
• Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques
Bachelor's Degree or military experience
At least 3 years of experience of building java applications
At least 1 year of experience of delivering production ready software
At least 1 year of experience with Agile Scrum methodologies
At least 1 year of experience with Spring or Hibernate
At least 1 year of experience with Jax-RS or Jersey Frameworks
At least 1 year experience with RESTful API's and API lifecycle
At least 1 year of experience with AngularJS
- Master's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience with AngularJS
- At least 1 year of experience using AWS infrastructure automation tools
- At least 1 year of experience with Kafka or Spark
Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates who qualify!
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top