Full Stack Software Engineer
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Full Stack Software Engineer
As a Capital One Master Software Engineer, you'll transform our internal identity management solutions. From highly-available RESTful services, to associate facing HTML, you will bring delight to our users and keep our most sensitive systems secure. You'll leverage a variety of programming languages and you'll create everything in a way that's cloud-friendly and highly resilient. You will lead the technical design and development of applications and integrations, and will have the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role, writing beautiful code, while also providing functional and technical leadership, and leading high priority technology projects.
• Own the technical design, development, and delivery of multiple applications and integrations.
• Work with technology partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs.
• Ensure adherence to defined development lifecycle, good software design practices, and architecture strategy and intent
• Collaborate with performing teams to deliver new capabilities and/or remediate issues
Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and monitoring/support.
• Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
• Analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other software.
• Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions
• Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system
• Collaboration with other cloud and software engineers
Bachelor's Degree or military experience
At least 3 years of full stack software development experience
At least 3 years' experience in back-end programming languages such as Python, .Net, Java, PHP etc.
At least 3 years' Experience in code, deployment, quality, and load testing (unit, integration, and functional)
At least 3 years CI/CD Pipeline deployment experience (example: Jenkins or Circle CI)
At least 3 years Configuration management tools experience (example: Chef, Ansible, Terraform)
At least 1 years hands on experience building on or deploying to at least one cloud service provider (AWS, Azure, or GCP).
Master's Degree in Computer Science
4+ years of software development experience
3+ years of experience in Agile
1+ years of experience with Service Oriented Architectures
1+ years of experience with RDBMS and MapReduce
Familiar with JIRA, Confluence, Slack and other collaboration and tracking tools
Test tool experience (Example: Cucumber, JMeter, JUNIT, Karma, Mocha, etc)
Mobile development knowledge
An understanding and implementation of authentication and authorization solutions (example: OAUTH, SAML 2.0, LDAP)
Familiarity with code versioning in GitHub
Familiarity with repository management tools such as Artifactory
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top