Full Stack Java Tech Lead
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Full Stack Java Tech Lead
- Works as team lead for a small cross-functional team of analysts, developers, and testers delivering software solutions.
- Designs and develops effective, maintainable, high quality code in a timely fashion
- Develops technical designs and solutions. Guides team members with the implementation and verification.
- Possesses a wide range of experience and the ability to resolve complex issues. Works on complex and diverse projects. Analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to concisely express solutions/ideas verbally or via written text and diagrams (eg UML or other)
- Follows established coding standards and techniques, assists with establishing and improving standards
- Acts as an evangelist for change and constant innovation.
- Oversees and conducts code reviews to ensure adherence to established coding and architectural standards
- Works with analysts, Product Owners, and Integration Testing team to ensure the delivery of quality code that meets the functional requirements
- Works with and leads off shore development teams. Acts as a technical resource for junior team members. Involved in integrating on-shore and off-shore code deliverables.
- Assists with the training and mentoring of the team members.
- Drives the technical vision and strategic direction of technology with input from business teams, development, and IT Support.
- Maintains expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope. Maintains expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the department's scope
- Maintains a working knowledge of applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Champions a continuous improvement mindset including identifying new approaches and processes that would contribute to improvements in the team, its implementations
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of software development experience
- At least 5 years of development experience using one of the following Java, NodeJS and ReactJS
- At least 2 years of Cloud experience with AWS
- At least 3 years of Postgres database development experience
- At least 3 years of experience working in an Agile environment
- 5+ years of experience in n-tier, cross-technology application architecture
- 5+ years of experience with experience with HTML, XML, JS, CSS and Web Services
- 2+ years of experience with Test Driven Development using tools like Cucumber, JUnit, NUnit
- 5+ years of Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) experience.
- 3+ years of Jenkins automation experience
- 3+ years of Multithreaded Web Application experience
- 1+ years of experience with Scala
- 5+ years of experience developing applications serving large transactional systems utilizing Postgres and/or other equivalent large scale DBMS (e.g. SQL Server)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Data Science
Zoe leads a team of data scientists and engineers who collaborate with product designers to develop dynamic data pipelines and machine learning algorithms for customer-facing platform functions.
Back to top