Full Stack Engineer, Full Stack
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Full Stack Engineer, Full Stack
We're Capital One. Yep, the "What's in your wallet?" people. But we are oh so much more than that. Did you know we're a full service bank? Checking accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, and car loans. We could tell you more, but you're going to check out our web site anyway, right?
Here are some of our favorites:
Capital One has a history of disrupting, and we are doing it again. We're experimenting, innovating, and delivering really cool stuff to 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, to ask, "What if?" Oh, and we love to write code.
Your commitment to learn new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don't want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we're doing today. You accept change, want to grow, and evolve into a better member of the team.
The ideal candidate will be able to jump right into a software engineering role. Looking for a strong character who is very assertive and articulates technology well. This person need to understand the buzzwords not just say / use them. This person should have a focus on performance and needs to know how to build a complete application from the DB through to the front end work with nothing more than a conceptual understanding and visual designs as needed. They should have a passion in learning new technologies, innovating and driving change, and collaborating other developers.
-Perform complex application programming activities in the latest technologies: AngularJS, Typescript, Node.js, Java, HTML, CSS, and more.
-Create features that are scalable, accessible and renders effectively across multiple browsers, operating systems, and device types (Desktop, mobile, tablet, etc.)
-Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and other developers on different permutations to find the best solution possible.
-Deliver amazing solutions to production that knock everyone's socks off.
- Full participation in the Agile Scrum process including speaking up and giving your opinion!
- Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy, etc)
- Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
- You're a tinkerer and love technology - Myo, Amazon Echo, Arduino and IoT, AR/VR, Creative Coding; you like hackathons and innovation sprints!
Position Provides Exposure To:
- Front End Skills: Java Script (jQuery, dojo)/CSS/HTML, Single Page Applications (AngularJS, React), Responsive Design
- Back End Skills: Microservices, REST, JVM (Java - Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc; Clojure), NodeJS, Database (Postrgres, MySQL, etc)
- DevOps/Platforms: Amazon Web Service (S3, RDS, EC2, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, etc), Chef, Docker, Ansible
- Automation Testing: Selenium, Cucumber, ATDD, Protractor, Karma, Automated Performance and Regression/Functional Testing
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory
- Build/SCM Tools: Maven, Gradle, Grunt, Gulp, Git, NPM
- DB/Data Platforms: Kafka, Storm, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spring XD/Spring Batch
Bachelor's Degree or military experience
At least 3 years of Software Development experience
2+ years' of experience designing, developing and delivering web applications
2+ years' of experience with React
2+ years' of experience with Node Js
2+ years' experience with CICD
2+ years of experience with Agile
1+ year experience with AWS
This is a mid to senior-level position located in Mclean, VA. It is permanent and full-time, beginning as soon as we find the right person.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top