Full Stack DevOps Software Engineer
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Full Stack DevOps Software Engineer
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data.
The Capital One Tools Engineering team is looking to hire a full-stack DevOps engineer who is passionate about CI/CD and wants to be part of the team that builds and maintains a centrally supported set of scaled, integrated tools that enable the larger software engineering community to accelerate development of quality software and facilitate their automated deployments. This includes the Source Control Management and CI/CD platforms that are used across the enterprise, such as GitHub, Artifactory, Jenkins, CircleCI, and Chef.
- Be responsible for developing infrastructure-as-code, deployment, administration, and governance of shared services within our predominant cloud infrastructure provider, using release automation to deliver in a software driven manner.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in software development.
- At least 3 years of experience in the administration of Linux-based systems.
- At least 1 year of experience developing in a cloud-based infrastructure.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience in software development, including a proficiency in two or more of the following: Java, Ruby, GO, Python, Perl, Groovy, Shell.
- 3+ years of experience using Agile (Scrum) practices.
- 2+ years of experience working with version control technologies such as SVN or Git.
- 2+ years of experience working with Jenkins for automated build and continuous integration.
- 2+ years of experience with large-scale design, implementation and support of a cloud-hosted platform on AWS.
- DevOps Tools Experience : Jenkins, CircleCI, Drone, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top