Plano 6 (31066), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Tech Stack:
Capital One is looking for a Front-End Developer, who will bring a passion and a strong sense of ownership in dynamic development on the front-end / User Interface (UI) but isn't afraid to grow in full-stack development.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- are self-motivated
- have an affinity for the front-end, but you're not afraid to roll-up-your-sleeves in back-end Java or API's
- bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- drive design, implementation, testing, and release in an agile environment, using modern methodologies and open source tools
- lead and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions, whether it's for a complex new feature or a simple bug fix
- build a complete application from the database development to the front-end / UI with nothing more than a conceptual understanding, and visual designs, as needed.
- constantly learn and grow your skills.
- work well and collaborate with a nimble, autonomous, cross-functional team of makers, breakers, doers, and disruptors who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
- coordinate with design team(s) to build out UI designs
- focus on the front-end / UI layer and collaborate on full-stack applications
- use modern web technologies, such as: Angular 2.x +, Sass, SCSS (Sassy CSS)
- translate complex applications to a customer-centric web application to reach millions of users
- lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- bring your passion and expertise in "best practices" of web application architecture, with a focus on the extensibility of a growing front-end codebase
- encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, "outside-of-the-box" thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- serve as an expert and knowledge source for the escalation of complex application design and development issues.
- At least 4 years' experience in software development
- At least 3 years' experience in CSS, HTML, and Sass
- At least 1 year of experience in SQL
- At least 1 year of experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 6 years' experience with software development
- At least 5 years' experience of CSS3, HTML5, Sass, and SCSS
- At least 2 years' experience in full-stack Java development
- At least 1 year of experience with hands-on development in back-end Java
- At least 1 year of experience in RESTful API's and Microservices development in Java or Python
- At least 3 years' experience with AWS
- At least 3 years' experience in Agile software development environment
- Master's Degree
7933 Preston Rd.
Plano, TX 75024
Back to top