Front End Engineer
- Chicago, IL
77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Front End Engineer
We're seeking talented, hands-on, engineers to modernize one of the most critical
systems in Capital One's US Card Business. As a Capital One Full-Stack Web
Engineer, you'll be using cutting-edge open source frameworks, all on the cloud. You'll
bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Node.js, React,
Flux, Jest, REST, JSON, HTML / HTML5, CSS / SCSS, Selenium, PhantomJS, NGINX,
Express, Chef, Docker, Git / Github. You will be fully utilizing AWS with services such as
S3, EC2, Lambda, Route53, CloudFront, API Gateway, and many more.
A Glimpse of Your Day:
• Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and
testing scenarios - Continuously improve software engineering practices
• Automate everything possible with the goal of creating a great developer and
increasing speed to market
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and
support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new
technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and
mentor other members of the engineering community
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion,
outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
• Contribute code to the development of multi-platform application systems,
through local builds and deployments as well as the CI/CD environments and
through to production.
satisfy stakeholders and delight customers.
developers, business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical
and functional needs of systems.
• Ensure adherence to Agile team norms and coding standards, software design
best practices, architecture strategy and intent.
• Conduct Design and code reviews to ensure code adheres to development
• Coach and mentor junior developers as needed to build code to adhere to
• Collaborate with other tech teams and product owners for delivering optimal
technology solutions which will delight customers.
• Work closely with the team Tech Lead
• Stay up to date on technologies, techniques, and industry trends
• Bachelor's degree
• At least 1 year of experience deploying, monitoring, and maintaining a customer
facing web application
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 6+ years of experience building software in enterprise/commercial environments,
including systems and application design, code development and testing
• 2+ years of experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
• 3+ years of experience with Node.js
• 2+ years coding experience in ReactJS
• 3+ years experience with CI/CD technologies - Jenkins, CircleCI, Docker, etc
• 1+ years experience with open source and commercial technologies and tools
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top