Finance Manager, Card Technology
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Finance Manager, Card Technology
We are seeking a strategically minded analyst, top-notch problem solver and executive influencer to lead an analytics function across the Card Tech Finance team. In this role, the individual will partner with Card Tech and LOB leaders to advance our discipline in measuring and monitoring the business value being driven by our finance agenda, whether it be in form of new account bookings, deeper and more satisfied customer relationships, cost savings, etc.
You will lead analysis projects and manage executive client interactions with Card Tech, Business and Finance partners, and provide leadership and leverage through the following activities:
Strategic thinking and thought leadership on critical business initiatives
Forward-leaning, results focus with ability to define an agenda and work in white space
* Polished communication skills and able to work across functions and with various levels of the organization
You will use your people skills to manage a team (typically 2 - 6 people) to provide finance oversight and support to a business unit. You will also produce monthly financial reporting and variance explanation to help the business measure business performance as well as develop the annual operating plan for the business and manage the quarterly assessment process. Other responsibilities include reviewing and approving investment analysis and decisions, overseeing financial process, and providing input to the business to help business achieve objectives.
Role require strong leadership, problem solving strategic thinking, and influencing skills in order to effectively:
- Articulate outcomes of analysis and relevant insights
- Partner with business leadership to assess the financial implications of ongoing efforts to grow the organization
- Develop presentations to communicate business and analysis results to senior leadership audiences
- Financial and business performance reporting and variance analysis
- Forecasting accuracy/cost management
- Ensure financial management of operating expenses; proactively identify and resolve financial issues
- Manage and develop associates
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years' experience in financial analysis
- At least 4 years' experience with financial modeling
- At least 3 years' experience managing a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function
- At least 1 year of people management experience
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Master's Degree in Finance
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- 5+ years' experience managing a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function
- 2+ years of people management experience
- 1+ year of people management experience managing both direct and indirect reports
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top