161 Bay Street (93021), Canada, Toronto,Toronto, Ontario,
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Canada Finance team is primarily responsible for the planning, forecasting and analysis of the financial performance of the Canada business at Capital One. Of specific importance is the team's ability to influence and guide management to make financially and strategically astute decisions.
The person in this role will work with finance FP&A team and business managers across Capital One to perform financial modeling and ongoing analysis of our existing portfolio and its performance, to inform and guide the business in their decision making.
Direct Operating Expense forecasting and actuals management
- Manage relationship with Credit, customer service partners, controllership and any other relevant business contacts
- Prepare month end accrual and reclass entries
- Perform month end variance analysis and maintain department and account level alignment
- Lead forecast regrounds and load all items into financial data system
- Provide monthly variance commentary to Central Finance Team
Business Customer Support
- Be the "Face of Finance" for all direct operating expense related questions from business customers
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business leadership/teams
- Provide inputs to line of business finance contacts
- Provide support on portfolio specific adhoc requests
- Partner with business contacts to develop on portfolio specific forecast model(s)
- Perform quarterly/semi-annually/annual monitoring as required
- Participate and manage automation projects.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year of relevant finance experience
- MBA, CPA or CFA
- Strong sense of teamwork and commitment to deliver high quality, timely results
- Able to work independently via strong analytical and problem solving skills while also having the ability to build solid relationships with business partners
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines on an ongoing basis
- High degree of flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and demands of business partners
- Create an environment that fosters innovation and automation
- Expert proficiency in Excel, Essbase and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Python would be an advantage
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top