Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As an Experience Designer on the Commercial Card Design team, you will work closely with other designers, strategists, developers, product managers, and business stakeholders to practice human-centered software design.
About the Role:
Experience Designers at Capital One have a passion for solving complex problems. They are human-centered in their approach to design and feel comfortable advocating for user needs. They are curious and demonstrate a passion for learning. They are capable of generating ideas and prototyping concepts that are anchored in research insights, subject knowledge, technology requirements, and business goals. They have an exuberant passion for the power of strategic design and an "anything is possible" mindset. They take pride in their work and yet they have a humble approach. They are able to contribute as a designer from end-to-end on projects, which means they are comfortable as researchers, data scientists, strategists, and designers. They employ design thinking methods to uncover insights that help inform design decisions. They are excellent communicators and feel comfortable presenting their design decisions in front of colleagues and stakeholders.
Commercial banking is ripe for innovation. Internal systems could benefit from greater efficiency and collaboration and in the long-term, from artificial intelligence. Externally there are very few digital touchpoints for commercial banking clients so there's extensive opportunity for design to improve industry practices. The services and processes are complex so we're looking for highly qualified designers who enjoy serious problem solving and creating simple, humane, ingenious solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with business analysts, product managers, developers and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts
- Build empathy and be an advocate for our customers through participation in human-centered research and design
- Translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems
- Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making
- Utilize Lean and Agile methodologies
- Present research findings and design concepts to designers, product and tech partners
- Be a leader and mentor; you'll challenge, grow and mentor designers and contribute to fostering a collaborative team spirit.
- At least 2 years of experience with user experience (UX) design
- Comfort with rapid prototyping
- Master's Degree in Design
- 3+ years of experience with user experience (UX) design
- 3+ years of experience designing digital products or omni-channel services
- 2+ years of experience with Information Architecture (IA)
- 2+ years of experience creating prototypes
- 1+ years of experience designing native mobile apps
- Sketch and InVision Proficiency
- Experience with Material Design and iOS interaction patterns and standards
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top