- Plano, TX
Locations: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, Texas
WHY WE CARE
- Simply being digital is no longer a competitive advantage in financial services. Creating world class, human centric, design process informed experiences with top of class visuals and innovative interactions is the way we will transform the automotive finance industry.
- You're perfect for this role if you believe the above and you are versatile; love working on both visual design and interaction flows; understand design thinking and user experience and thrive in a fast-moving organization that uses light-weight processes to have a huge impact.
HERE'S WHAT A UX/UI EXPERIENCE DESIGNER AT CAPITAL ONE COULD DO ON ANY GIVEN DAY:
- Run a two-hour workshop with a product team, helping them find the customer-backed solutions around the feature they're building.
- Brainstorm with a teammate on how to design solutions that are transparent and understandable.
- Participate in a design session with design, legal, and product partners.
- Answer email. (We're all trying to spend less time on this, but let's be real.)
- Lead a journey-mapping session to outline the customer experience for sharing their data
- Create an interactive prototype of something we've never tried before just to see if it works.
- Grab coffee (on Zoom for now) with a product manager to hear what they're super excited about and how you can help.
AS A DESIGNER ON THE CONSUMER AUTO FINANCE TEAM, YOU WILL:
- Create flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and other design artifacts to define and communicate end-to-end user experiences
- Work with talented designers in a highly collaborative, supportive environment
- Work as an integrated team with Product, Technology, and Business partners to define and solve problems
- Use your innate curiosity to challenge assumptions and uncover new insights
- Bring thoughtfulness and attention to detail, to your work
- Use your presentation skills to communicate and build influence with fellow designers and stakeholders
- Collaborate with additional stakeholder groups to understand priorities and goals and make sure our work has the intended impact
- Always be learning, be flexible and deliver amazing quality
- Participate in all aspects of the design process to frame problems, define insights, create compelling visions, and make concepts and prototypes
- Use customer research to inform your design thinking and target meaningful solutions
- At least 2 years of User Experience Design
- Experience in UX design and core service design methods and processes
- Ability and desire to work in all phases of the design process (thinking and making)
- Depth in at least one practice area (experience strategy, service design, interaction design, visual design, or design research) that sets you apart from the pack
- A passion for creating new methods and practices
- A collaborative nature with strong communication skills, sincerity, and a sense of humor in the face of ambiguous design challenges
- Confidence and pride in your work, skills, experience, and expertise
- Informative animation
- Data visualization
- Front end development (for a designer)
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, and InVision.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top