Plano 7 (31067), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We want to change the way people engage with their money, their bank, and their financial lives. It's audacious work at a massive scale. Here you'll find designers, hackers, rockers, artists, entrepreneurs, and data scientists. As a team, we come to work every day looking to build digital experiences that are authentic and bold.
What you bring:
You have a background in digital, geek out about the latest technologies, and believe that no digital experience is perfect unless it delights customers in ways they never knew were important - but now can't live without. You have an exuberant passion for the power of strategic design and an "anything's possible" mindset. You're proud of your work, your skill, your experience and your expertise. You're not cynical, inflexible, or only about your portfolio and you want to be part of something great.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- You have demonstrated experience improving digital user interfaces through various tools and techniques
- You're going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you must have worked in a product group focusing on web or mobile applications for a few years
- Your prior experience will be important because you will be responsible for your product throughout the full product lifecycle
- Working with our product teams, you'll need to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research and interaction data
- You possess the ability to deliver on those insights by driving product vision and strategy to position our digital products alongside our core financial products
- Working with our engineering teams, that vision you clearly articulated will need to turn into simple, intuitive experiences that serve our customer's needs
- You have demonstrated record of success inventing and launching successful features
- You are experienced in the end-to-end design process, balancing customer insights and business goals
What you'll do:
Research, explore and document the insights, reasoning and decisions that validate our approach to the final product or experience; Create high-fidelity visualizations of the digital experiences we intend to create. You can write solid front-end code, or design in the browser, too? Great, that's a plus.
Specifically, you will:
- Advocate and be the voice of our customer in our product development process
- Develop and maintain artifacts that express humanity, simplicity and ingenuity
- Use customer-driven insights and agile methodologies to deliver elegant and delightful customer experiences
- Collaborate and create visual design and strategy for prototyping and pilot efforts
- Translate business requirements into (lo or hi-fi) visual concepts and prototypes to be used in testing
- Create interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize task flows
- Partner with Product Managers to influence product design and express / own the UX strategy
- Create and deliver UX/UI design documentation to aid with cross-team communication, collaboration and development
- Visualize complex sets of data in ways that are easy to comprehend
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience with UX design
- Master's degree in Design or Human-Computer Interaction
- 5 years of experience with UX design for digital products
- 5 years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- 5 years of experience with information architecture
- 4 years of experience with prototyping tools (Sketch and InVision are big pluses)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top