Event Logistics Lead, One Design
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Event Logistics Lead, One Design
The Capital ONE Design team is a diverse team of human-centered designers charged with disrupting how people interact with their money, their bank, and their financial lives. We are change agents bringing new design capabilities to an organization serving 60 million customers. We are thought leaders engaging the greater design community through speaking, teaching, and writing.
As part of the design team, the Events & Publishing practice curates and produces live events to spark a culture of creative growth within ONE Design and to elevate Capital One's talent within the design community.
To meet our ambitious goals, we are hiring an Event Logistics Manager, based near Tysons Corner, Virginia. The person is a key member of the team and will partner closely with the Head of Events to strategize and execute the events roadmap.
What would make you wildly successful?
You love being behind-the-scenes and making others shine. You're always thinking about the experience, how to make it better, and aren't afraid to push the envelope. You're a self-starter who likes the camaraderie of a team, but works well independently. You aspire for consistency and order, but can function in an ever-changing world. Above all else, you love being organized and the Container Store might be your favorite.
You would hate this job if…
The nuts and bolts just aren't your thing. You'd rather be focused on the big picture exclusively rather than executing logistics (you'll need to be able to do both on a regular basis). You struggle juggling multiple balls at once. Open office environments make your head spin.
As an Events Logistics Lead you will...
- Lead the execution of logistics for events within the Design team ranging from 20 person meetings to 500+ person events, including workshops, TED-esque talks on humanity, internal conferences, and everything in between.
- Manage project momentum and anticipate needs to ensure the execution of events and meetings is on time, every time.
- Directly manage and support the growth of our Events Coordinator.
- Create a knowledge sharing system for catering, space, points of contact, and best practices to empower teammates across the country to host their own local events.
- Master Cvent which we use for event websites, registration, communications, and attendee management.
- Become an expert in our A/V equipment, troubleshoot in real time, and work closely with A/V and Facilities teams to ensure all spaces and equipment are functioning properly for event use.
- Build relationships that are authentic; we tend to host multiple events and work with the same people on a regular basis, so collaboration and genuine teamwork are crucial.
We hire for the right skills and experience, but being a good culture fit is equally important. People who are successful within our team and at Capital One have some attributes in common.
- Collaborative/team player
- Creative self-starter filled with enthusiasm and passion for events
- Extremely customer-centric; takes pride in and strives to deliver best in class events experiences
- Ability to work with a wide range of personalities and skill-sets in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Ability to take responsibility for projects and follow-through to completion with minimal need for direct supervision
- Clear and concise communicator, both verbally and in writing
- A sense of humor and tolerance for ambiguity
- Cool under pressure
This is a full-time position with some longer hours before and during major events. This position is located in Vienna, Virginia however some travel will be required to other Capital One offices nation-wide (15-20%).
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in event management
- 5+ years of experience in event management
- Experience managing multiple programs at once
- Love of Excel
- Experience with Cvent
- Prior experience in people management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top