Enterprise Architect - Digital Web/Mobile
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Enterprise Architect - Digital Web/Mobile
As an Enterprise Architect at Capital One, you will be working with software engineering teams guiding architecture of banking products; owning and facilitating architecture development; reviewing architecture; providing feedback on application designs; providing input on company-wide initiatives; embedding in engineering teams to jump start complex projects; and helping raise the talent bar by recruiting top engineering talent. You will also work with product owners to articulate benefits of proposed solutions; influence technical roadmap of enterprise platforms; and help business prioritize work. If this sounds exciting, the Enterprise Architect role could be for you!
Capital One is seeking an Enterprise Application Architect to drive technology strategy and adoption for the US Card digital servicing domain. The Enterprise Application Architect will join a team of architects already supporting US Card domains. In this role, the architect will help define and drive towards an end state that is based on simplicity and the adoption of digital technologies, cloud hosting, and open source software. We are looking for a proactive individual who is comfortable working in ambiguous spaces and leading diverse teams to outcomes that are aligned to both business and IT imperatives. This role also requires significant interaction with business and technical stakeholders. Therefore, candidates must exhibit outstanding communication and influencing skills as well as a tenacity for overcoming hurdles and impediments. The ideal candidate will have a balanced skill set of deep expertise in digital technologies along with great soft skills/competencies.
The person we're looking for:
- Is passionate about technology and architecture discipline
- Has depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Values data and truth over ego
- Hands-on with Cloud Native Architectures, in particular architecting enterprise applications on public cloud such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Believes in "you build it, you own it" software development model, that good software development includes good testing, resiliency, monitoring, documentation, and collaboration
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
- Has ability to build consensus and iteratively improve solutions
- Firmly believes in leading by influence and by adding value
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of IT enterprise architecture, solution architecture or software architecture experience
- At least 2 years of experience with cloud computing (AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Azure)
- At least 2 years of experience implementing cloud applications and platform services on public cloud (AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Azure)
- At least 2 years of experience with micro-services architecture, cloud native architecture principles and implementation
- At least 5 years of experience with Digital Web development and Mobile Technologies within iOS and Android
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or in an Engineering discipline
- Open Source Software and Cloud Hosting on AWS or Azure, specifically:
- Spring, REST and Web Services
- Caching and content management principles
- Responsive and Adaptive Web Design
- Web and Application Security (SAML, Oauth, RBAC)
- Experience in containerizing application to deploy and run in containers, container-as-a-service (preferably with Kubernetes), PaaS, immutable infrastructure, and enabling blue-green deployments
- Experience in DevOps culture and building CI/CD pipeline using tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, Chef, Terraform, Ansible, AWS CloudFormation templates, GitHub, Sonar etc.
- Experience in reactive, real-time streaming and event-driven architectures such as Event Sourcing & CQRS and use of platforms like Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, Akka/Lagom
- Exposure to modern data and analytical platform architectures and use of Apache Spark, AI and Machine Learning
- Experience in agile development practices & methodologies such as Scrum or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
- TOGAF Certification
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top