Engagement Project Manager
West Creek 7 (12077), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Engagement Project Manager
The Shared Technology Top House Chief of Staff Office is seeking a highly-talented associate to serve on the Associate Communication, Engagement and Development team. The Associate Engagement Function ensures that Shared Tech is an environment where associates thrive, are invested in themselves, the organization, the work that we do, and in the community. We empower associates to take time for their development and ensure managers give the space to do so. We ensure that large organizational programs like Performance Management, Talent Management, and Tech Development Program (TDP) are executed in a manner that supports our associates and enables their long-term success. Our communication team is dedicated to telling the Shared Tech story, so that our associates feel connected to overall tech goals and why our role is critical to the organization. And most importantly, Shared Tech gives back; we provide and support many volunteer opportunities for our associates.
We are looking for someone who:
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and seamlessly manages multiple priorities
- Thinks strategically, understands the big picture but is also able to execute flawlessly with close attention to detail
- Builds strong relationships, influences across levels and functions, and delivers great results through others
- Asks the tough questions and challenges the status quo
- Solves complex problems and drives action across the organization
- Models the right behaviors for the team and helps create a shared sense of leadership and accountability within the team
- Navigates easily between technology and business topics and has a strong understanding of major technology trends
- Organizational Development - Participate departmental planning and organizational strategy. Create and execute communication strategy with a balance of push and pull communication techniques, business and creative tone. Organize leadership team meetings, town halls, Pulse presence, etc.
- Business Management - Create routines and processes to enable the efficient and effective management of Shared Tech initiatives. Partner with the local BMO teams on deliverables such as Quarterly Business Reviews, S4s, TDP assignments, Performance Management execution, etc.
- Workforce Strategy - Facilitate development and execution of the Shared Tech workforce strategy in partnership with the leadership team, HR, Finance, and the Shared Tech COS team.
- People Strategy - Partner with HR and the local business management offices to create and implement strong talent and performance management routines, diversity and inclusion practices, and recruiting priorities. Foster strong associate engagement.
- Project Leadership - Manage special projects to support departmental objectives. Can grab and run with it!
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Project or process management
- At least 2 years of combined experience in organizational development and performance
- At least 2 years of experience in communications planning and development to include department communications, leadership team meetings, presentations, memos and reports
- At least 2 years of experience managing projects which require the ability to manage cross-functional team members
- At least 3 years of experience managing senior stakeholders across different business functions
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Technology, Finance or Organizational Development
- 2+ years of experience in Communications
- 2+ years of experience in the technology industry
- 2+ years of experience in budget management
- 1+ year of experience in event planning
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top