End User Experience
West Creek 7 (12077), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
End User Experience
You will be applying your design and research skills to an innovation team within an employee tech support organization.
Usability Lab Management
- Managing a usability lab and associate experience center
- Handle recruiting and scheduling for usability studies
- Ensure that all technology is current and operational for the usability lab and associate experience center, escalate issues as needed
- The desire and curiosity to learn new skills and develop new methods of uncovering user needs.
- Ability to plan or support generative research to uncover new insights and opportunities for the company using a variety of methods.
- Ability to consolidate, document and present research findings.
- Multi-task across multiple projects and studies going on simultaneously and working with team members where required to conduct research.
- Experience with stakeholder management and the ability to schedule and manage multiple projects.
- Strong organizational skills, able to act independently and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Understanding of interface and interaction patterns and best practices for various platforms, as well as experience working within a responsive design framework.
- Understanding of human centered design and UX practices. Interest in partnering with UX designers on user research, journey maps and user flows.
- Experience working within established brand guidelines and style guide. Interest in helping govern digital guidelines and flex system where needed.
- Ability to work from low fidelity to high fidelity.
- Experience creating prototypes that showcase design concepts and interaction patterns.
- Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions with the team and craft elegant presentation and storytelling capabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year of experience with project management
- At least 1 year of experience in research and requirements gathering
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Computer Interaction, User Experience Design, Social Science, Psychology or Research
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top