DNS, DHCP, IPAM (DDI) Engineer – Lead Platform Engineer
Plano 2 (31062), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
DNS, DHCP, IPAM (DDI) Engineer – Lead Platform Engineer
We are actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious technology professionals with deep technical expertise in DDI services within a hybrid IT deployment to join our team!
- Provide engineering expertise for new implementations, cloud environment integrations, project designs, and standards development.
- Contribute to enterprise DDI strategy as well as support of security compliance initiatives; evaluate, test, and deploy new technologies and solutions.
- Ensure adherence to defined network engineering processes; identify and help influence platform strategic direction in coordination with business users' needs and direction.
- Collaborate with other network architecture and engineering teams to engineer and implement standards and solutions for internal and cloud hosted services as well as third party access and control to Capital One systems.
- Provide technical consultation with Operations teams and line of business partners to ensure designs and strategies are implemented in a supportable, resilient and scalable manner.
- Ensure developed strategies, standards and policies are properly documented and maintained
- Engage with industry SMEs and vendor forums to evolve Capital One's DNS architecture and service.
- Partner with the InfoSec teams to assess potential exposure to vulnerabilities, identify mitigation plans and ensure compliance, while following relevant best practices.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior personnel.
- Provide Tier 4 escalation support for DNS Advanced Operations Support team.
An ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills with proven ability to collaborate across different teams.
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage fast-paced multiple projects, lead and/or participate on multiple project teams.
- Programming knowledge and experience with network automation and self-service enablement for user community.
- Ability to discuss complex technical issues with engineers and peers, as well as clearly present relevant information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, frequently changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Experience with designing and supporting complex network solutions in both data centers and cloud environment, including high-availability solutions.
- Experience with Infoblox products and services, including DFW and DTC
- Experience with scripting languages (Node.js, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience in build technologies like Chef and Jenkins
- Experience with managing source code repositories
- Experience working with DevOps tools and Configuration Management
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 5 years' experience in all technical aspects of DDI engineering and implementations
- At least 3 years' experience with application infrastructure and standards.
- At least 3 years' experience in technical leadership on large IT projects
- At least 2 years' experience with Infoblox products and services
- At least 2 years' experience with F5 GTM/DNS Express concepts and implementations
- At least 2 years' experience with scripting languages
- At least 2 years' experience with Bind, Unbound, Dnsmasq
- At least 1 year experience with public cloud implementations and connectivity.
- At least 1 year experience provisioning, configuring and maintaining cloud resources including server instances, load balancers and AWS Route 53 management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- AWS Professional or Associate Certification
- 5 years' experience with Infoblox and F5 technologies
- 3 years' experience specific to Infoblox IPAM implementation and integration
- 2 years' experience with management and support of Microsemi NTP
- Experience with migrating and supporting implementations in a hybrid datacenter and public cloud provider environment
- 2 years' experience with Linux/Unix and Windows deployments
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top