Distinguished Integrated Quality Engineer
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Distinguished Integrated Quality Engineer
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference for a Technology company that values and rewards employees and is looking to hire high energy top talent - take a closer look at Capital One. We foster diversity and inclusion and our employees are encouraged to share their voice and disrupt the norm.
To help you determine if our role has your name written all over it, ask yourself a few questions:
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment?
- Do you enjoy critical thinking and problem-solving to get to the root cause of an issue?
- Are you an individual of many talents, able to navigate easily between communications, programming, testing, planning & reporting?
- Are you a team player who thrives in building collaborative solutions across multi-disciplined teams?
- Do you believe in handling a tough message with a balance of integrity and grace?
- Are you savvy with a wide range of Testing methodologies and tools?
- Do you have past experience developing and testing large scale financial applications?
- Do you have hands-on experience working with developing or testing web-enabled applications or backend systems?
If you answered an enthusiastic yes to each of the above and are excited just thinking about the prospect of working on a team like ours, we want to talk to you.
This role will be a part of an Integrated Quality Engineering function supporting the Card Partnership Technology group at Capital One. The candidate will be responsible for establishing the Quality Engineering and Testing standards, best practices, and architecture for the Card technology platforms at Capital One.
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Communicate with technical experts within Engineering and Technology to lend expertise to complex issues
- Participate in high‐level design and review sessions across Engineering and Technology disciplines
- Develops and champions roadmaps to senior leadership for the adoption of new tools, technologies, and process, including the retirement of obsolete tools, technologies, and processes
- Manages the trade‐offs of architecture standards and implementations across multiple Engineering and Technology disciplines, including reconciliation of conflicts between different architecture roadmaps
- Define the Testing architecture standards documentation for consumption by infrastructure, engineering, and applications.
- Lead Testing Architecture Review Board discussions and serve as an active decision maker ensuring the company has an effective technology platform into the future
- Ensures the adoption of architecture standards and directions set by the Architect Review Board within the areas of influence for the Senior Expert Architect by documenting, coordinating, communication of, and presenting the Architecture to management, leadership, and the individual contributors within the department.
- Research, develop, and approve the use of new tools, technologies, and processes within the department to ensure enterprise longevity
- Define, documents, and provides reference implementations of the architecture for other teams to follow
- Mentors Quality Engineers within the department through education, actively assisting implementations, and review of current implementations.
- Train and mentor QS resources on Feature teams to create and execute automation solution
- Identify areas for improved testing efficiencies
- Establish and maintain test infrastructure (physical, virtual and test automation Lab)
- Conduct R & D to evaluate open source tools, use the latest technologies, tools, and techniques to develop automation and test management frameworks/tools
-Bachelor's Degree or military experience
-At least 7 years' Architecture experience and Cloud experience
-At least 5 years' experience with automating distributed systems, web technologies, web services, database systems, Windows tools, utilities, and Mainframe
-Master's Degree in computer Science or a Master's Degree in Software Engineering
-10+ years' Technology or Quality Engineering Architecture experience
-5+ years' of experience in Agile practices
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top