Directory Services Operations Senior Manager
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Directory Services Operations Senior Manager
Directory Services Operations Manager
The Directory Services Operations Manager within the Identity and Access Management organization is responsible for leading the operational support and service delivery of an enterprise level Directory Services environment that includes Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, AWS Managed Active Directory, Google Cloud Domain Directory, LDAP, Windows Certificate Authorities, and WINS. Individual must be a technical expert in Directory technologies, be self-motivated, and must be able to work well in a fast paced, results focused, geographically dispersed, and virtual team environment.
Candidates for this role should have expert level knowledge of Active Directory and other directory platforms and be passionate about delivering a secure, stable and continually improving environment that enables Capital One to meet its objectives. Candidates should welcome the challenge of developing automated solutions, integrating new technologies into production, and the opportunity to work on cloud based platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google.
- Manage a team of engineers responsible for the 24x7x365 operational support and service delivery of Capital One's enterprise Directory Services environment including on-premises and cloud environments from AWS, Microsoft, and Google
- Coordinate efforts including major version upgrades, monitoring and auditing infrastructure, and other engineering initiatives to insure a robust, agile and secure environment
- Lead service delivery initiatives that improve the stability, security and performance of the Directory Services platforms
- Partner with IAM engineers to support the design, delivery, and support of new technologies and services into production
- Lead or participate in troubleshooting complex incidents with other infrastructure teams
- Act as liaison between Directory Services team members, incident management representatives, and business leads during incident calls and follow-up actions
- Analyze patterns and incident trends to facilitate root cause analysis and develop continuous improvement action plans
- Act as project lead or participate as team member on certain projects
- Develop, review and approve standard operational procedures and work instructions
- Develop and socialize Directory Services service performance metrics to all levels of management
- Lead recovery exercises for Directory Services and support large scale application disaster recovery exercises on-premises and in the cloud
- Participate in capacity planning, performance monitoring and maintenance to ensure high availability
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of Active Directory experience including the operational support, design implementation of enterprise solutions
- At least 2 years of experience managing an Active Directory operations or engineering team
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Mathematics
- At least 3 years of experience with Windows Server 2012 or 2016 Active Directory including deploying and managing in a cloud hosted environment such as AWS, Microsoft, and Google
- At least 2 years of experience supporting a cloud-based directory such as Microsoft Azure, AWS Managed Active Directory, or Google Cloud Directory
- At least 2 years of experience developing complex scripts in PowerShell, VBScript, Python or other languages to develop automated solutions
- At least 1 year of experience with Agile and ITIL methodologies
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top