Directory Services Lead
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Directory Services Lead
Directory Services Lead
The Directory Services Lead within the Identity and Access Management organization will manage a team responsible for the engineering, operational support, administration and service delivery of an enterprise level Directory Services environment that includes Active Directory, Azure AD, AD Certificate Services and LDAP. Individual must be a self-motivated, technical people manager with solid communication skills and must be able to work well in a fast paced, geographically dispersed team environment.
Candidates for this role should have enterprise level experience with Active Directory and other directory platforms and be passionate about delivering a secure, stable and continually improving environment that enables Capital One to meet its objectives. Candidates should welcome the challenge of integrating new technologies into production as well as the opportunity to work on cloud based platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Office 365.
- Accountable as the product owner for Directory Service platforms including Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, AWS Microsoft Active Directory, Azure AD Sync, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), Windows Internet Naming System (WINS) and AD Certificate Services
- Manage a team of engineers responsible for engineering directory service solutions and continuously improving the enterprise Active Directory environment and other directory platforms
- Manage a team of support engineers responsible for the 24x7x365 operational support, administration and service delivery of Capital One's enterprise Active Directory and directory services environment including on-premises and cloud environments
- Coordinate efforts including major version upgrades, monitoring and auditing of the infrastructure, and other engineering initiatives to insure a robust, agile and secure environment
- Lead service delivery initiatives that improve the stability, security and performance of the Active Directory and related platforms
- Partner with IAM engineers to support the design, delivery, and support of new technologies and services into production
- Lead or participate in troubleshooting complex incidents with other infrastructure teams
- Act as liaison between Directory Service team members, incident management representatives, and business leads during incident calls and follow-up actions
- Analyze patterns and incident trends to facilitate root cause analysis and develop continuous improvement action plans
- Act as project lead or participate as team member on certain projects
- Develop, review and approve standard operational procedures and work instructions
- Develop and socialize Directory Service performance metrics to all levels of management
- Lead recovery exercises for Active Directory and support large scale application disaster recovery exercises on-premises and in the cloud
- Participate in capacity planning, performance monitoring and maintenance to ensure high availability
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of enterprise level Active Directory technical experience that includes the operational support, design and implementation of enterprise-level solutions
- At least 2 years of experience managing an Active Directory operations or engineering team
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Mathematics
- 3+ years of experience with Windows Server 2008 or 2012 Active Directory
- 2+ years of experience developing complex scripts to develop automated solutions
- 1+ year of experience with cloud environments such as AWS and Azure
- 1+ year of experience with Agile and ITIL methodologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top