West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Director, US Card Channels Operations
The Director, US Card Channels Operations will lead a large operations team which delivers high-touch service to a key segment or segments of Capital One's credit card portfolio. As Capital One drives the continual improvement of a customer experience across all of its businesses, these important segments tend to be the centers of service innovation; focal points for investment and strategic deployment. This leader will be held accountable to deliver customer satisfaction, increase net promoter scores, create innovative customer experiences, and deliver cost effectiveness and operational simplifications across a functional area such as Fraud and Disputes, Collections and Recoveries or Card Customer Servicing. Importantly, he/she will deliver strong operating results and innovation while ensuring compliance with regulatory, legal, and other statutory requirements.
Capital One believes that front line employee (associate) engagement, company culture, coaching, and a strongly supportive work environment are essential ingredients to providing legendary service to customers. This is because of the direct connection between operating culture and the ability of that culture to create an environment where high touch customer service thrives - everyday. As such, the successful candidate will be enlightened leader of large-scale teams with superior skills in communication, cultural stewardship, employee engagement and an ability to inspire people.
Director, Operations Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a service organization that delivers excellent customer experiences. Lead, motivate, and inspire an organization of ~1,000 internal associates and people leaders.
- In partnership with the Card line of business and Servicing Strategy leaders, influence the vision and strategy for our agent servicing experiences using an operational lens.
- Develop and manage a strong team of experienced operational leaders whose main focus is on operational excellence and caring for our associates.
- Ensure servicing experiences for Capital One's credit card customers is continually performing effectively and efficiently, building loyalty and deepening relationships with our customers.
- Influence customer facing policies and procedures to best meet the needs of our customers and associates.
- Partner with analysts, technology, and digital leaders to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel to drive advances for operational excellence and improved customer experiences.
- Ensure key operational and customer performance targets are met (Customer Satisfaction, Associate Engagement, Net Promoter Score, Service Levels).
- Lead cross-functional, multi-disciplined operations/implementation team in launching initiatives.
- Ensure compliance and regulatory requirements are met.
- Contribute to the proper infrastructure and management controls - including metrics, quality assurance, and capacity planning; drive innovation in process excellence; a beacon for operations talent.
- Be a contributing member and leader of the overall call center site including participation on the site council influencing site strategy and partnering with our Site Leader where appropriate.
- Model and ensure Operations Leaders and Team Leaders are exemplifying the enterprise leadership expectations with ability to inspire and empower our associates to do their best work while creating an inclusive environment for all associates.
- Monthly travel to contact center sites - the ability to travel ~30% is required (domestic and global)
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 8 years of Financial Services experience OR at least 8 years of Customer Service experience
- At least 5 years of experience leading a 250+ associate geographically dispersed organization
- At least 5 years of Process Management experience OR at least 5 years of Project Management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Process or Project Management Certifications- Lean, Agile, Six Sigma
- 10+ years of experience in consumer technology (software/online/mobile), financial services or a consumer facing industry
- 8+ years of experience in operations, call center or customer service leadership role
- 8+ years of experience in developing scalable servicing platforms to accommodate all consumer types
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).