Director, Technology Operations (Partnerships)
North York (93006), Canada, North York,Toronto, Ontario,
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Technology Operations (Partnerships)
As the leader of our Technology and Operations teams in Partnerships, you will be accountable for technology modernization, delivery and process leadership. You will lead an organization of process and product managers in delivering processes and technology that improve business efficiency and drive results. You serve as the leader and subject matter expert on process improvement initiatives while collaborating with smart and passionate leaders to influence results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line.
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, developing, and managing process initiatives in a complex dynamic environment, revising needs to meet changing requirements
- Developing and delivering against a technology modernization roadmap
- Partnering cross-functionally with clients to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive results
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Serving as subject matter expert on a process improvement initiatives
- Apply management skills such as communications and change leadership to help drive key priorities like product launches, technology changes, and continuous improvement
- Use a variety of techniques and tools to define, manage and improve processes, like Visual Management, Agile, Lean, and Six Sigma
- Communicate 'wins' and best practices to the rest of the organization; quantitative and qualitative
- Work proactively across the organization to resolve critical process issues in a timely manner
- Participate and shape Capital One's Agile transformation
- Managing and leading a high performing team of associates
What we're looking for:
- A collaborative team player with a strong background in problem-solving, influence, and communication skills
- A leader with the ability to deliver on insights by building on experience, lessons learned, and stakeholder feedback
Specifically, you will:
- Exhibit strong problem solving and influencing skills to effectively drive portfolio efforts and ensure project plans deliver on intent
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic, complex environment
- Build relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Display a passion for coaching and developing others through people leadership
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform, and influence outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in LEAN or Six Sigma Process ), Business Process Management experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Process management
- At least 5 years of experience in Project management
- At least 5 years of experience in People management
- CRCM certification or CIPP certification
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top