Director - Special Assets - Credit Risk Management
Fairfield (10930), United States of America, Fairfield, New Jersey
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director - Special Assets - Credit Risk Management
Title: Director, Special Assets - Credit Risk Management
Location flexible throughout Capital One footprint.
Acts as servicing officer for a portfolio of problem commercial loans and deposit relationships. Primary focus will be on our Middle Market portfolio. Performs the duties of a lending officer and has loan authority as designated by bank management. Administers and restructures problem loans and deposit relationships, including extremely complex situations, with very little managerial supervision, to assure optimal levels of principal, interest and expense recovery. Evaluates customer relationships to determine a Relationship Retention Plan and identifies opportunities to restructure and cross sell Bank products to maintain customer relationships where appropriate.
- Reviews portfolios quarterly, develops reporting for migration of accounts and manages delinquency.
- Acts as the primary servicing officer for a problem loan and deposit portfolio.
- Meets with problem loan customers on a regular basis, monitors financial performance, establishes action plans to correct problem issues, monitors collateral value and condition and provides continuous diligence to mitigate loss exposure to the bank.
- Interacts with other workout officers, lending officials, and borrowers to better secure collateral, equity, or other assets of the borrower.
- Daily control of overdrafts on deposit accounts related to portfolio.
- Performs daily administration of banking relationship and customer services issues.
- Determines most efficient overall deposit structure and identifies opportunities to cross sell Treasury Management and other Bank products to appropriate customers based upon Relationship Retention Plan.
- Evaluates financial information, collateral, legal documentation and other available information to project probable and maximum loss exposure to Bank.
- Is also responsible for analyzing and combining this information to develop an aggressive and comprehensive workout strategy to ensure optimal loss protection to the Bank in terms of both time and money while maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Consults with inside/outside legal counsel regarding perfection of collateral as well as necessary legal actions and strategies to protect Bank's position.
- Negotiates loan and collateral documentation with third party counsel in conjunction with Lending Law.
- Analyzes third party legal documents and negotiates potential arrangements to determine an overall strategy to reduce the Bank's loss exposure.
- Assumes "consulting" responsibilities for additional workout loans and deposit relationships from other departments as assigned by the Special Assets Section Manager.
- Acts as credit officer on a portfolio of consulting relationships with other departments.
- Documentation of status of relationship in compliance with existing policy.
- Maintains close control and accounting of expenditures as a vital component of departmental goal to limit loan losses and maximize loan recoveries.
- Negotiates and contracts with various professionals such as attorneys, appraisers, brokers, etc. to provide services of significant cost to ensure best cost/benefit return to Bank.
- Bachelor's degree OR Military experience
- At least 3 years of commercial Lending experience
- At least 2 years of underwriting experience OR at least 2 years of credit risk management experience OR at least 2 years of loan workout experience
- 4 years of underwriting experience OR 4 years of credit risk management experience OR 4 years of commercial lending experience
- 3 years of Loan Workout experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top