Director, Solutions Architecture - Risk Management
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Solutions Architecture - Risk Management
Are you passionate about using data and technology to solve Enterprise-scale problems? Do you enjoy solving complex problems with open source technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment?
Capital One is completely reimagining our risk management ecosystem. As our company, and the world around us, moves increasingly towards automated AI-driven processes and user experiences, maintaining effective and equally automated governance processes that are proactively integrated into our enterprise technology capabilities is a top imperative. We are looking for a team member who can accelerate our move to open source technologies, microservices, and machine learning-enabled risk management products.
As a Director, Solutions Architect - Risk Management you'll be at the center of some of our most high impact and challenging problems. You'll report to the Divisional CIO for Risk Management, and be responsible for designing cutting-edge solutions utilizing microservice architectures and open source frameworks implemented in the cloud, working with various technologies: Java, Spark, relational databases, ML, API development, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few. We're building software products and services, but the right candidate is someone who recognizes that ultimately data is at the heart of everything we do, and who is passionate mentoring a great group of engineers. We're looking for someone who welcomes challenges and is hyper-focused on delivering exceptional results to internal business customers while partnering effectively in a team environment.
• Work with the Divisional CIO to define and evolve highly integrated modern architectures for Risk Management and Anti-Money Laundering processes at Capital One
• Navigate the seams of our microservices to ensure effective integration and resiliency across the domain and with our broader technology ecosystem
• Define and lead integration with emerging shared capabilities (streaming platform, enterprise data lake, etc.)
• Determine readiness of new capabilities to be used to support critical operational processes
• Work hands on to code, review, and design software solutions
• Provide senior level technical consulting to engineering teams during application design and development for highly complex or critical projects
• Work across Technology to ensure major initiatives do not disrupt continuity of critical risk management processes
• Provide oversight for budgets and project plans, and manage technology risks and issues
• You ponder over what drove your streaming music service's algorithms to accurately predict that you'd like the song you're listening to. You obsess over obscure sports statistics. Nate Silver asks you who's going to win the next election. You love data
• You get a thrill out of using large data sets, some of them messy, to answer real-world questions
• You maniacally automate everything you can. Tony Stark has nothing on you
• You yearn to be a part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
• You are passionate about finding refined solutions to complex coding challenges and helping the entire team meet its commitments
• You love interacting with teams of highly talented Software Engineers, strive to help others build their skills and achieve their career goals
• Humor and fun are a natural part of who you are
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience
• At least 5 years of experience in Software Engineering Practices
• At least 5 years of experience in leading customer engagement
• At least 5 years of experience in Applied Architecture
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Management of Info Systems/Technology
• Experience with the full AWS stack and technologies such as Hadoop, Python, Hive, Kerberos, Centrify
• Background in agile SW development and Scaled Agile Frameworks
• 5+ years of experience in financial or other highly regulated industry
• 5+ Years of experience defining data architectures
• 5+ years of experience with Anti-Money Laundering and/or advanced GRC system design
• Master's Degree in mathematics, economics, engineering, or computer science
• MBA, ITIL, Six Sigma, Lean, Agile
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top