Director, Solutions Architect
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Solutions Architect
Do you have a passion for architecting solutions that leverage the latest technologies to deliver secure, reliable, resilient and scalable data management solutions? Capital One is seeking an Individual Contributor Director, Solution Architect to help us transform our systems supporting company-wide risk management & compliance functions.
Acting as an Internal Consultant to Business and Information Technology delivery teams, you will architect and design solutions that are strategic for the business using latest technologies and techniques. Utilizing in-depth knowledge of infrastructure, open source technologies, data & security engineering practices, you will develop the strategy, achieve business and engineering buy-in, solve complex technical challenges and monitor execution toward the target architecture across the enterprise.
As an Individual Contributor Director, Solution Architect you will need to understand how to apply technologies in categories such as:
- Cloud Computing Services (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Streaming Technologies
- Big Data Programming Frameworks and Data Management Solutions
- Performance and Scaling Techniques
- Data Integration Patterns
- Microservices, APIs, Event Driving Architecture
- Open Source Software
- Defining technical data & software architectures that support our business strategies for Enterprise risk & compliance activities
- Collaborating with Risk & Compliance Technology leaders in developing their technology strategy
- Possessing extensive working knowledge with architectural tools in broader technology community
- Providing business, application, technology & security consulting in feasibility discussions with technology team members and business partners
- Defining, executing and continuously improving our internal software architecture processes
- Be a technology thought leader and strategist
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in a Technology Leadership position
- At least 3 years of experience in Application Architecture
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 7+ years of experience as a Software, Data and/or Security Engineer
- Knowledge of regulatory & compliance requirements concerning privacy, PCI, SOX and other regulations pertaining to a large financial institution
- Knowledge of risk management practices for a large, regulated banking institution
- Proven ability to champion an idea and bring a group to consensus
- Proven ability to set technical strategy, applying an in-depth understanding of the business strategy governing that area
- Excellent problem-solving skills involving complex and ambiguous issues
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top