Director, Sales Support Team Lead
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Sales Support Team Lead
In this leadership role reporting directly to the head of Treasury Management Sales, the Sales Support Team Lead ("SSTL") is responsible for independently setting goals and strategies of the team working to achieve a competitive advantage to drive sales and grow revenues in support of Treasury Management Sales.
Collaborating with partners across the value chain, the SSTL will collect and convey market and process opportunities, issues, and challenges related treasury management services. The SSTL is expected to have a deep understanding of treasury management, merchant, commercial card and deposit products as related to current and desired client experience and competitor products.
The SSTL will represent the voice of sales in the planning, directing, organizing, collaborating, and assisting in the rollout of products and services and their development commensurate with the objective of the business unit and Capital One.
The SSTL will have direct supervisory responsibilities within the Treasury Management Sales organization directing the Product Sales Specialist, Proposal Team, and other sales support roles to include directing daily activities, hiring and managing talent, establishing objectives, coaching and training.
- Manage TM Product, Merchant, and Commercial Card interaction and relationship with TM Sales and the market.
- Support TM Sales' complex, multi-product deals as needed and serve as a bridge between Sales/the Market and Product Management.
- Establish regular updates with product partners to understand and communicate to Sales the current product roadmap, changes to it, product enhancements, and requirements of clients due to regulatory, technology, and other needs.
- Advocate for Sales and the market to balance priorities set by product partners relative to the priorities of other stakeholders (e.g., clients, TM Sales, Relationship Management).
- Lead TM Sales responses to Requests for Proposals through the Proposal Team
- Identify and target potential new and existing customers and/or markets for products.
- Influence Sales regarding strategies, markets, and customers.
- Develop, implement, and execute product specific marketing plans and strategies.
- Recommend new products or enhancements as changes are warranted or justified.
- Influence product development backlog, roadmap design, and funding priorities.
- Participate in industry conferences and seminars; keep abreast of changes, trends, etc. in the marketplace.
- Provide expertise to operations and sales on product and client support issues.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 8 years of treasury management product, sales or operations experience
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience
- At least 12 years advanced of experience in treasury management product, sales or operations
- At least 10 years of supervisory experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong public speaker with proven experience
- Certified Treasury Professional designation or equivalent certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top