Director, Retail Bank Cloud Security Consultant
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Retail Bank Cloud Security Consultant
Security is essential to what we do at Capital One, from protecting our customers to our associates. As part of the Information Security Officer team for a line of business, you are passionate about security and risk management. You see security as an enabler and differentiator to enable the business through innovation, not a step in the compliance process. You work with the business to understand their goals and objectives and help them meet those goals and objectives in a secure manner with a heavy forward lean on modern Public Cloud Services, Containers, and DevOps. At Capital One, you will help consult on initiatives, programs, and projects to raise their game in Information Security and Risk Management. You are pragmatic and practical in your understanding of risk and security, but also willing to know when to pull in experts and escalate. You collaborate and innovate with other teams within Capital One to push the envelope. You will lead a team of dynamic and talented Information Security individuals who want to learn from your experience and skills.
You are comfortable with technologies like Cloud services, Containers, Docker, Microservices, Serverless, APIs, DevOps, noOps, FaaS, NoSQL, Immutabile infrastructure, micro-segmentation.
- Lead a team of Information Security Consultants to provide subject matter expertise to project and development teams
- Act as a central point of contact for your line of business to the rest of Capital One's Information Security and Risk Management
- Coordinate and execute proactive Information Security consulting to the business and technology teams covering Infrastructure Security, Resiliency, Data Security, Network Architecture and Design, User Access Management, and Supply Chain Assurance
- Serve as an expert in Capital One's Information Security capabilities, solutions, policies, procedures and standards
- Influence customers to leverage security capabilities and solutions to
- Shift and integrate security to the left in the development processes
- Escalate and manage cyber security risk
- Provide ad hoc support on special Information Security hot topics for the business
- Provide regular updates to executive leadership with your line of business on the overall Information Security health and risk environment
- Work with that leadership to anticipate their objectives and needs to better server them
- Drive innovation activity as an outcome; Partner extensively with the Security Engineering organization to derive both novel and patent activity as outcomes from research and development or from security engagements
- You have a desire to work in a very fast moving, forward leaning, modern computing environment
- You have a deep passion for Securing modern computing platforms
- You have a strong desire to continually learn about new technologies
- You are a strong with conceptual thinking and communication skills
- You are able to work well under minimal supervision
- You are a demonstrated leader with team-oriented interpersonal skills and the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including upper management, IT leaders, and technology vendors
- You maintain calmness and clarity of thought under pressure and ability to maintain confidentiality
- You have a deep understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience leading teams of information security consultants
- At least 8 years of experience performing security risk assessments and security architecture reviews
- At least 10 years of combined experience with Architecture, software design, networking, and Cloud infrastructure
- Proven experience in securing a public cloud environment (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience building software utilizing public cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience utilizing Agile methodologies
- Experience with Software Security Architecture
- Experience with Application Security
- Experience with Threat Modeling
- Experience with Penetration Testing and/or Vulnerability Management
- Splunk-Fu / Enterprise Monitoring experience.
- Financial services industry experience
- Professional certifications, such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience is Offensive and/or Defensive Security techniques
- Experience in a regulated environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top