Director, Quantitative Analysis -Model Validation
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Quantitative Analysis -Model Validation
Capital One, a Fortune 100 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, is one of the largest, most analytically sophisticated Financial Services providers in the world. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
As a Director, Quantitative Analysis within the Model Risk Office, you will lead a group or be an individual contributor in the validation of loss forecasting, stress testing and Basel-related models that are used to measure risk and calculate capital requirements associated with a wide range of financial assets. You will enhance your technical and analytical skills, while also working closely with business leaders to influence business strategy. With a network of over 200 Quants and Data Scientists, challenging projects with an eye on the bottom line and a focus on work/life balance, we've created a dynamic environment with plenty of room for you to learn, grow, and realize your full potential.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and leading model validation projects, in an analytic capacity
-Evaluating the landscape of tools to understand what will unlock new capabilities and performance and what is just a distraction
-Leveraging extensive, deep technical knowledge and team leadership skills to drive the development of modeling solutions and data-driven recommendations and outcomes
Building relationships within Capital One across the external Quant/data science community to push for better methods and solutions
- Understanding business processes associated with model use, and the nature of model use within those processes
- Managing the assessment of the methodologies and processes used by modeling teams to develop and manage their models, and identifying potential weaknesses and the associated materiality of the risk
- Leading the development of project plans, setting and managing expectations, and delivering results through self and/or others
- Guiding the benchmarking of model methodologies and performance by developing alternative models
- Analyzing complex data to identify data integrity issues
- Researching and enhancing industry practices related to model methodologies
- Managing the documentation of validation processes and results
- Communicating validation work to senior management, model owners, regulators, and auditors
- Leveraging education, colleagues and training opportunities to develop solutions to business problems
- Taking a leadership role with building the validation group, through contributions to hiring, training,
and developing infrastructure such as processes and templates
The Ideal Candidate will be:
Technical: You have hands-on experience developing modeling solutions, from concept to production, and selecting the right tool for the job at hand. You have experience prototyping and implementing modeling solutions in an enterprise. You know R and/or Python.
Communicator: You can communicate complex ideas clearly. Your team knows their priorities and you manage expectations with your broader cross-functional stakeholder network and leadership team
Innovative: You continually research and evaluate emerging methodologies as well as technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art algorithms and models
Leader: You challenge conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and you work with stakeholders to identify and improve the status quo.
- Master's Degree
- At least 7 years of experience in developing statistical or econometric models
- At least 7 years of experience in financial services industry
- Master's Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Industria Engineering or Operations Research
- 10+ years of experience in developing statistical or econometric models or data science solutions
- 2 years of experience developing commercial modeling solutions leveraging modern methods and tools.
- 2 years of experience mentoring junior Quants/data scientists and providing technical governance and oversight
- 1+ years of experience in risk estimation or forecasting
- 1+ years of experience in forecasting models
- 1+ years of experience working with regulatory requirements (e.g. CCAR)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top