Director, Program Management
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Program Management
In the Director, Program Management role, you'll lead communication and coordination with all stakeholders for a large program, and ensure your program's delivery success by leading a team of agile delivery leads while leveraging the appropriate Agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/SAFe/LESS etc.) to enable the predictable, quality delivery of assigned projects within the program. This large program has numerous dependencies and coordination touch-points with other initiatives within the enterprise. The Director, Program Management role will optimize coordination with their peers, leads, and stakeholders of those initiatives by removing impediments, aligning timelines, setting expectations for the deadlines of the shared goals, and responding rapidly to change.
- Actively partner with Product, Design, and Technology stakeholders to align solutions with program objectives within an Agile delivery culture
- Apply complex facilitation and dependency management techniques to drive cross-program and departmental planning, collaboration, and coordination
- Advance Business, Technology, and Operations leadership's understanding of their respective roles within Agile software delivery structure and influence organizational agility
- Optimize strategic flow of delivery across business and technology by identifying opportunities for continuous improvement with measurable outcomes
- Support issue resolution and risk mitigation, escalating to advisory and steering committee groups as needed
- Help establish governance structure where decision-making is weighted toward empowered teams
- Ensure that the portfolio is well managed in delivery controls and compliance
- Partner with technical leaders and others to support organization's automation (testing, pipelines, deployments)
- Build culture of delivery excellence internally and externally
- Facilitate full transparency and accountability by leading active communication and reporting to stakeholders of the program, as well as leaders and stakeholders of the related programs
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best agile delivery talent
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of people management experience
- At least 5 years of experience delivering technology programs
- At least 2 years of experience as a scrum master or release train engineer for software engineering teams
- Master's Degree in fields such as Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or military experience
- CSM, PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top