Director - Product Mgmt - Commercial Bank - Credit
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director - Product Mgmt - Commercial Bank - Credit
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches fifty+ millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaborations and delivers great client experiences.
Commercial Credit and Underwriting has some of the fastest growing financial products in the industry. A key part to its success over the course of the next 3-5 years will be developing market leading products that combine simplicity and human centered design, with the rich functionality expected by commercial entities.
The Director of Product Management for AI, Machine Learning and Enabling Infrastructure plays a critical role in achieving our goals. Product Managers lead teams of designers, engineers, data scientists and analysts to define product strategy and develop, launch, and enhance products and services that drive our business forward.
We are selectively recruiting for a Director of Product Management for AI, Machine Learning and Enabling Infrastructure to focus on the building on core platform level functionality that includes scaling and innovating our core systems to enable machine learning and automation (Real time Fraud detection, Data Visualization (DV), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Natural Language Processing (NLP), etc.)
What will you do?
- Drive vision and strategy for our core Commercial Credit and Underwriting Platform to enable and drive a spectrum of automation capabilities (DV, RPA, ML, NL, etc.)
- Partner with tech to define the core data architecture for Commercial Credit.
- Lead the build of solutions to capture, store and architecture of data to enable automation and machine learning.
- Lead the design and build data visualization solutions that makes it easy for clients and associates to get information in a timely manner.
- Lead the design and build of new automation and machine learning solutions that simplify processes for clients and associates.
- Stay abreast of new AI technologies that are driving business process simplification across the industry and be the leader in driving that change by partnering and piloting across various business areas.
- Partner with the Technology team to bring Product Vision to life and inspire the team by driving design thinking mindset for Product Owners, developers and designers.
- Be the change agent to drive to a fully mature scaled Agile framework and product transformation towards Objective and Key Results (OKR) approach to Product Management
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge and passion for emerging technologies (AI, Machine Learning, NLP, RPA, API's, Big Data, Native UI's) and how they are used to empower business and technology to deliver great products.
- Grounding in human centered design with a natural empathy for customers - A bias to action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market at rapid speed.
- Strategic thinking and an ability to effectively identify opportunities for growth in new businesses and markets.
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity.
- A fantastic storyteller who is at ease presenting to senior executives.
- Previous experience with startups and or fintechs.
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies
The ideal candidate will be a thought leader, innovator, intellectually curious, creative, unafraid of working in white space. The person should be able to attract top product management and data science talent. lead and coach teams of product managers, data scientists, designers and engineers in using the latest data technologies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Masters in Business Administration or a Masters in Design or a Masters in Computer Science
- At least 3 -7 years' experience building and launching consumer applications on web and mobile platforms
- At least 3 - 7 years of experience applying analytical rigor to support technology investment decisions
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 5+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing products
- 5+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top