Director, Product Marketing, Enterprise Digital Products
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Product Marketing, Enterprise Digital Products
The Enterprise Digital Product organization at Capital One is focused on building and shipping relevant, intuitive and well-designed experiences that help people manage their money and their lives, wherever they are. This Director, Product Marketing will define individual digital product marketing strategies and work cross-functionally achieve desired business impacts.
- Product Roadmap & Story – for assigned digital products, work with product partners to drive product innovation strategy, track and manage new product and feature releases, participate in product and end user research and define product positioning
- Product Marketing Objectives & Prioritization – define marketing goals/KPIs and key target(s) for the product, identify and track GTM plans and budgets, lead marketing budget process for assigned digital products and prioritize marketing needs as they shift/change throughout the year
- Product Marketing GTM Strategy – work with cross-functional marketing team to define product value propositions for each target, key messages and reasons to believe (published in product marketing playbook), conduct creative and campaign testing, contribute to master integrated brief, and participate in campaign development process with all stakeholders to launch internal and external marketing programs
- Product Marketing Operations – responsible for marketing program management, including budget, KPI tracking, learning agenda, integrated team meetings, report outs/communications and other essential processes needed to get marketing work done
Desired Skills and Competencies
This individual will have deep expertise in marketing new digital technologies and end user experiences. They will have a "modern marketing" mindset – and know how to creatively, quickly drive digital product adoption with customers. Strong analytical skills, quick decision making, attention to detail and the ability to adapt to a dynamic agile environment are essential to succeeding in this role. This individual must be able to effectively communicate and influence various stakeholders across the company and across multiple levels of the organization. This individual must display strong leadership skills and can drive and motivate a team of diverse stakeholders and, in partnership with them, deliver bold ideas through flawless execution and continuous learning and improvement.
Five skills are critical:
- Whole Brained – must be equally analytical and creative, and know how to employ both skills to deliver bold, even unexpected programs and achieve desired impacts
- Growth & Delivery Orientation – must consistently demonstrate a focus and growth and urgency to deliver product adoption and growth goals, should come with proven best practices for how to successfully launch and scale new digital products and experiences in market
- Fearless Leadership – must be highly-disciplined self-starter with a strong POV who can positively, effectively lead themselves and others, often in ambiguous and/or new territory
- Collaboration & Influence – must have ability to productively partner with a wide variety of teams across the organization to advance Enterprise Digital Products goals and connect marketing activities
- Communication – must be proficient verbally and in writing as this person will frequently present to and work with a wide variety of groups about our products and customers, write engaging copy and content, tell the "story" of our products in strategy documents and outward-facing materials, etc.
- At least 10 years of marketing experience
- At least 5 years in product or product marketing role
- Strong process and program management skills
- Willingness to travel and invest time with product partners, marketing colleagues and cross-company partners
- Excellent people and management skills that leads to productive relationships and interactions with team, department, cross-functional teams, agency partners, new business targets/partners, and other third parties
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top