Director, Product Management - Web
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Product Management - Web
More than 60 million customers rely on us every day to enable fast, frictionless access to their money and empower them with tools, insights, and support so they have healthy financial futures.
That's why we're here—a bold team of digital entrepreneurs, designers, analysts and engineers working to make a difference in people's lives.
Maybe you should be here, too.
We are looking for a Product Leader who is exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great products and experiences. You will have the rare opportunity to work at the vanguard of web, mobile, and digital platforms. The ideal candidate is resourceful, analytical, self-motivating and has great attention to detail.
Keep reading if:
- You're driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the customer
- You've got that unique blend of customer empathy, design and the product chops to build tools that deliver experiences as unique as our users
What you'll do:
- Lead a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team to develop and enhance web products. You will translate business strategies into products that delight our customers and position our company for substantial growth.
- Collaborate with internal partners. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of Capital One's business goals.
What we're looking for:
- Creative problem solver who lives at the intersection of Human, Business and Technology dimensions. Deep fluency and experience in at least two dimensions and understanding of the third.
- An agile Product Mindset - You know that every great idea is built on possibilities and assumptions and that the journey is about proving them each step of the way. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate.
- A dynamic product leader who will rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Analytically-minded, strategic thinker
- Proven creative vision and ability to connect with consumers
- High level of intellectual curiosity and are comfortable with ambiguity
- Well organized, able to multi-task, able to prioritize with minimal direction
- Ability to put team before self and are energetically collaborative
- Compelling and effective at communicating with and presenting to executive management
- Proven track record in getting stuff done and delivering products that deliver substantial value
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of consumer product management experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing people
- At least 3 years of Agile Product Management experience
- At least 3 years of experience leading cross-functional product teams
- MBA or Master's degree
- Leading financial services or technology company experience
- Fluency in human-centered product discovery methods such as design thinking and service design
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. No agencies please.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top