Director, Product Management
- Plano, TX
Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Director, Product Management
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We are a Top-10 bank by deposits-a high-tech company, scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand. Our products reach tens of millions of consumers and have been recognized by numerous prestigious awards for their customer-friendliness. Capital One was the first major bank to move to cloud computing and to publish APIs for the Open Banking future.
That's why we're here-a bold team of digital entrepreneurs, designers, product managers, and engineers working to make a difference in people's financial lives. Maybe you should be here, too.
We are looking for a Product Leader who is imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building new, unique products and experiences. You will have the rare opportunity to work at the vanguard of banking technology. The ideal candidate is resourceful, analytical, passionate about exploring new ideas, and has great attention to detail.
• Taking a customer-back and evidence based approach to defining, executing, and delivering a product roadmap
• Working with technical customers of a large platform at the center of the company
• Engaging customers directly through a variety of channels to serve as the voice of the customer internally- identifying new capabilities, defining product features, and working closely with development teams to get those features incorporated
• Working in a cross-functional group - closely partnering with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring a product to life
Ideal candidates will demonstrate:
• Significant expertise establishing and developing strong working relationships with all levels of associates and external parties, while maintaining appropriate levels of objectivity to their work
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a start-up like environment, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality products and applications that customers love
• Experience delivering products against plan in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed-responsibility and often ambiguous environment
• Technical knowledge and depth necessary to propose and influence new product and feature ideas, especially in the space of web APIs and their role in connecting the dots for a large enterprise.
• Analytical and quantitative skills; experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• History of teamwork and a willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
• Bachelor's degree or military experience
• At least 5 years of software development or product management experience
• Master's degree
• 5+ years delivering Software as a Service (SaaS), or web API-driven products to technical customers.
• 3+ years experience in human-centered product discovery methods, such as design thinking and service design
• 7+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
• 7+ years of experience in Agile or Lean product management methodologies
• 5+ years of people management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top