Director, Product Management
- Austin, TX
3711 S Mopac Expy (31003), United States of America, Austin, Texas
Director, Product Management
Within Capital One, the Capital One Shopping team is working on a new consumer product that seeks to change the way people buy things online. We believe that no matter where you shop, it should be easy to buy things at the best price.
We are a fast-paced, get-stuff-done team solving a difficult problem in a unique way. We're focused on scaling our products to millions of customers and refining the experience to create a product that customers and partners can't live without.
We are looking for a Director, Product Management to join our team to lead new product and business opportunities and drive cross-functional execution within Capital One Shopping. This role will report to the President and take ownership of key product verticals.
To be successful in the role, you will be a well-rounded 'business athlete' - an analytical and creative problem solver who understands different business models and the tech landscape, as well as a dynamic leader in complex cross-functional environments and with partners. You are thoughtful, resourceful, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in leading cross-functional projects to drive the growth and success of a business.
• Identify, prioritize, and launch innovative products that drive business and customer value
• Advance Capital One Shopping's strategic and competitive position and deliver products recognized as best in the industry
• Establish shared vision and buy-in on priorities across the company
• Drive product development and a rapid test and learn program with a team of world-class engineers
• Manage to results by establishing a business model based on fundamental drivers and following the data
• Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the goals can be ambiguous and the process fluid
Who We're Looking For
• You love to ship product and projects that drive impact and business value
• You enjoy teaching yourself new skills and driving whatever aspect of a project is needed to succeed
• You're not afraid to pull your own data, build your own business models, and do your own mockups
• You have an affinity for the fast-paced, changing environment of a start-up, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and a get-it-done personality
• You thrive and help set the pace in a company where the people around you have an exceptionally high level of drive and commitment; you wouldn't hesitate to roll up your sleeves and lead an occasional late-night work session to help your teams succeed
• You take personal responsibility for the productivity and results of any team you are a part of
• You are passionate about improving how product development teams all work together
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 5-7 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top