Director - Product Management
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director - Product Management
Capital One is the only founder-led Top 10 bank in the US. We offer industry-leading credit cards, checking accounts, savings accounts, brokerage accounts, car loans, home loans, and other financial products that are central to the way that more than 65 million people live every day.
The Director of Product for the Commercial Bank's Credit team plays a critical role in achieving our goals. This is a highly collaborative role, where the individual will lead a team of product managers and analysts as well partnering with designers, engineers, data scientists, operations, sales reps and directly with our clients to transform the experience for our Corporate clients. Through this collaboration, the individual will define the product strategy and then develop, launch, and enhance physical and digital experiences that will meet the unique needs of our key industries such as Large US Corporations, Property Management, Healthcare, and Public Sector.
As a product manager you will:
- Identify unmet industry needs and disruption opportunities, guiding interdisciplinary teams to deliver innovative products to market.
- Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of roadmaps
- Drive build-vs-buy decisions in our product development process, combing the landscape for potential Fintech partners in various stages of maturity
- Test and iterate in small-scale pilots to validate concepts, refine them to achieve product-market fit, develop Minimally Viable Products (MVPs) and then scale to drive vertical and horizontal economics
- Lead the definition of a Product Vision and then developing a short term and long term roadmap for the teams to be able to execute
- Define learning agenda and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure success/failure
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making
- Prioritize, negotiate and remove blockers to orchestrate successful launch or optimization cycle
- Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, thought leader, career guide and mentor to teams
- Lead a multiple Product Managers, mentoring and guiding them through product delivery and team dynamics
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience in and passion for building and shipping great products
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies
- Exceptional communication skills- someone who is an engaging storyteller and is at ease presenting to executives.
- Creative problem solver who lives at the intersection of Human, Business and Technology dimensions. Deep fluency and experience in at least two of these dimensions, with solid understanding of the third.
- Blend of both strategic and tactical thinking- someone who can identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts, and then organize thematic work areas in deep detail, thus aligning long term vision with iterative execution
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 5+ years of experience in Agile product management
- 5+ years of Financial Services experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top