Director, Product Management
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Product Management
Our Data Transformation initiative is selectively recruiting a high energy, forward-thinking Product Manager to drive internal customer requirements and LOB integration work for our data ecosystem.
The Director, Data Transformation will support the modernization of the Enterprise data ecosystem and evolution to a single experience focusing on improving the end to end experience for producers and consumers of data (analysts, data scientists, business analysts, etc). While this role is being hired in Card, it supports and aligns to an Enterprise initiative and will require a leader capable of navigating complex initiatives and multiple stakeholders.
The leader will be responsible for the following:
- Understanding the modern landscape of data storage, utilization and management and be able to operate (act as a user) in that space
- Obsess over removing friction from the data experience and thrive in a collaborative environment to advocate for Customer needs
- Understand and empathize with the needs of the Enterprise data user community (who, what and why) to help surface and reconcile existing needs with near and long term solutions
- Understand requirements and processes to ensure product scope meets end user needs
- Partner on vision and strategy across Enterprise product and tech teams to solve data producer and consumer needs
- Help drive product objectives -- product success metrics, design thinking, customer feedback, market research, etc
- Partner across teams on product MVP and ongoing feature prioritization
- Create and lead a user Advisory council across all LOBs to ensure constant feedback loops are part of the product delivery process
- Partner with product leaders and LOB's to drive capability adoption and user migration
- Develop relationships with peers and stakeholders across the Enterprise
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 5-7 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 5-7 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top