Director of Service Management Transformation
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director of Service Management Transformation
We are looking for driven individuals with proven leadership experience to join our team of passionate engineers to create Capital One's next generation of infrastructure services. Our team lives on the bleeding edge of technology, working directly with world-class engineers to operationalize new ways of working by innovating processes, data analytics, and automating tasks. As a Director of Software Engineering at Capital One, you'll manage a team that's leading the service management transformation to a whole new scale, using the latest technology (ServiceNow) to manage the service management operations of a massive tech workforce. Whether it is developing a service catalog for the enterprise, or reinventing change management for cloud delivery to finding new insightful data to help drive better performance of our core systems, you will be at the center of our tech universe. You will be providing program and technical leadership to our service management platform transition to the Service Now platform and also manage the efforts to improve our existing service management processes and data quality. You will oversee a cross functional team of technical and process SMEs and will be responsible for planning, directing and managing these team to deliver the target state capabilities for our service management ecosystem. In addition, you will be responsible for managing service management consumer and producer stakeholder engagement across Capital One to ensure alignment and sustain value-add throughout the process of transition and transformation. We value leading teams over managing tasks, and adapting to change over conforming to plans.
- Demonstrate success leading service management initiatives/transformations using ServiceNow
- Driving new solutions using ServiceNow to replace legacy service management systems and capabilities for software delivery and technology operations towards a model of continuous delivery.
- Experience successfully managing large technology teams and desires to coach and mentor
- Forging new relationships with the executive team and representing the collaborative culture.
- Creating and adopting new best practices for integration with a cloud environment.
- Ability to evaluate and communicate progress and issues to leadership.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle(SDLC).
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrates strong executive presence and strategic thinking skills.
- Lead planning, design and execution of Capital One's service management transformation program including but not limited to transitioning current platforms and processes to Service Now and the implementation of target state process and data models.
- Lead service management technology platform teams to manage current state operations and manage the transition to target state operational models.
- Organize and manage enterprise stakeholder alignment and effective executive level governance of service management transformation program
- Monitor project/team performance through quantitative and qualitative measures of value, outcome, business alignment and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Facilitates organizational learning, change management, and process adoption of Service Management transformation using metrics, benefits realization, outcomes, and retrospective findings.
- Demonstrates ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, decide and influence appropriate courses of action.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience
- At least 3 years of experience leading projects or programs in technology infrastructure or application development
- At least 3 years of experience leading a technology service management team implementing or supporting IT service management technology platforms such as Remedy or HPSM
- Master'sDegree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Program/Project Management and managing ITIL processes and frameworks.
- 5+ years of experience leading a technology service management team implementing or supporting IT service management technology platforms such as Remedy or HPSM
- 3+ years of direct leadership experience with enterprise level service management transformation projects
- 3+ years of experience with Service Now platforms and capabilities
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top