Director of Platform, Product Management
West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director of Platform, Product Management
Do you believe in the power of platform? We do and we've launched Capital One DevExchange to prove it (https://developer.capitalone.com/)! We're looking for a Director of Platform, Product Manager that has the chops to understand how companies deliver value through new platform distribution models, empathize with developers as their customers, and build a roadmap to solve those needs. You'll span Strategy, Design, Tech, and Marketing to continue to grow the DevExchange experience as it evolves in market.
To fit in, you have to believe in the power of APIs, be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that improve people's lives through simple, straightforward digital tools and technology. You have to true everything back to the customer (internal and external developers) ensuring you're both solving a need for them and delivering business value through a technically sound product.
You'll be on point for:
- Leading consumer research and synthesizing it into new product ideas
- Building business cases for new integrations and product concepts
- Defining, building towards, and launching MVPs
- Establishing product testing plans and build roadmaps
- Defining product KPIs and success metrics
- Setting a strategy vision for Platform to increase usage and deliver business results.
If you have the drive for building amazing customer experiences which are customer backed, data and insights driven, and could impact the lives of millions of people, we want you!
Things that might tip us off you're not the right person for this position:
- You think Square is just a geometric shape
- Raspberry Pi looks misspelled
- You have an aversion to denim
- A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
Product Manager Skills:
- Blend of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytic reasoning, a deep knowledge of human-centered design, a love of data, and an interest in the industry
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
- Passion for identifying and solving real consumer and business problems
- Creative, outside-the-box thinking and problem solving approach
- A bias to action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market at rapid speed
- Knowledge of emerging and leading technologies across disciplines and ability to empower developers and deliver great products
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to use data and logic to make compelling business cases
- A fantastic storyteller who is at ease presenting to senior executives.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in digital product management
- At least 5 year of experience in app and platform product management
- Experience with the SAFe Agile framework
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- Strong customer-focused design and UX principles
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top