Director of Network Automation
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director of Network Automation
Looking for a seasoned network-savvy software development leader with hands-on experience working in large network environments and driving automation across a variety of platforms and technologies. Must have a passion for programming the network and developing a cohesive and sustainable network automation framework to support its evolution!
- Lead development of a comprehensive network automation framework and roadmap for a network scope including routing, switching, voice, wireless, security, DNS, and load balancing platforms and technologies.
Ownership of a suite of tools providing network management and visibility as well as development of scalable on-prem or cloud-based programmatic solutions for managing a broad network environment.
- Track emerging technologies and drive adoption based on business or technical drivers. Lead evaluation and deployment of appropriate industry, vendor, open-source and/or in-house software solutions for advancing network monitoring and visibility, automation, orchestration, and SDN implementation.
- Work closely with operations, engineering, and other stakeholders to identify problem areas and lead implementation of programmatic solutions to address.
- Enable a standardized networking environment through inventory management, templating, provisioning, auditing/reporting, and resolving discrepancies through automated means.
- Integrate or develop tools for comprehensive network monitoring and visibility including dashboards and other visualization to represent real-time network state and health.
- Identify and implement tools for rapid and automated failure resolution.
- Work with stakeholders to define necessary network software controls and visibility.
- Proactively seek solutions to improve processes, network visibility, and customer/usability experience. Implement coding, deployment, and change management best practices
- Engage widely across the company, collaborate and influence across teams demonstrating excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills.
- Efficiently prioritize and execute on initiatives in a methodical and timely manner, taking appropriate accountability and ownership as well as effectively setting and managing expectations across teams and stakeholders.
- Coach, develop and mentor a team of systems engineers and software developers. Attract and foster the growth of talented developers and engineers.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in software development and systems administration in LINUX/UNIX environment.
- At least 6 years’ management experience including leading a team of 8-10 engineers.
- At least 5 years’ experience with the following:
- HTTP, SSL, SOAP/XML-RPC/REST/Web Services, JSON, SQL, modern and classic databases.
- Application and systems security and compliance.
- At least 4 years’ experience with network design, protocols, hardware, configuration, tools, monitoring, and troubleshooting on large IP and Ethernet networks including campus and datacenter implementations.
- At least 4 years’ familiarity with a variety of infrastructure relevant tools/products such as Splunk, Riverbed, Netcool, SolarWinds, NetScout, HP NNmi/NA, Infoblox, Tufin, Arbor, Route Explorer, Cisco MATE/WAE, logstash, ServiceNow, etc.
- At least 4 years’ experience with gathering large amounts of distributed data from network devices (via SNMP, syslog, XML, NetFlow, API) and solving network problems with intelligent automation.
- At least 2 years’ experience with deployment and configuration management mechanisms (example Ansible, Chef, Puppet, NETCONF)
- At least 4 years’ experience leading teams following Agile methodologies using JIRA or Version One
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering
- 2 years’ experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure) implementations and connectivity.
- 1 year of experience with building implementation or frameworks leveraging SDN and NFV.
- CCNP certification
- CCIE certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or [email protected]
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top