Director of Business Analysis
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director of Business Analysis
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory demands, macro-economic & competitive environment
- Leadership: Manage and develop multiple analysts as direct reports, as well as supporting functions such as data analysts and product managers. Coach and mentor associates with a goal of developing and retaining top talent at Capital One.
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One within Business Analyses, Data Science, Technology, Operations, Finance and other functions to define and drive the business strategy, improve customer experience and profitability
- Product Strategy & Credit Risk Management: Develop and implement new product, credit policy and pricing strategies to drive step-change improvements profitability, credit risk, customer experience. Test hypotheses via rigorous monitoring and analysis, as well as in market testing.
- Execution: Manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Strategic & Analytic Orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous data analytics, advanced statistical modeling and valuations.
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in business analysis or strategy consulting
- Master's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in business analysis
- 2+ years of experience in financial services
- 3+ years of experience in people management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position
Back to top