Director, Machine Learning
Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Machine Learning
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using cutting edge technology. Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Director of Machine Learning, you'll be part of a technology team that's leading the next wave of disruption at a whole new scale, using the latest in distributed computing technologies and operating across billions and billions of customer transactions to unlock the big opportunities that help everyday people save money, time and agony in their financial lives.
This leadership role involves building new Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning solutions with state-of-the-art technology. The role ranges from deep thought leader and consultative mentor to research experimentalist and technology innovator. The role requires close collaboration with Data Science community, key decision makers within the lines of businesses, and Technology architecture and engineering teams.
- Hands-on leader that applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to solve complex problems or fuel new business opportunities
- Partner with Data Engineering leadership to design a world-class machine learning infrastructure and production environment
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your disruptive idea. You know Tensorflow, Python, Scala, Scikit, or R and you're constantly exploring new open source tools.
- Learner. You keep abreast of the latest technologies and development in the area of Machine Learning and AI. You take pride in sharing code and successes in Github.
- Wrangler. You know how to programmatically extract large volumes of data, bring it through a transformation or two, and build a model it into human-readable form (ROC curve, map, d3 visualization, Tableau, etc.).
- Creative. Big, undefined problems and petabytes of data don't frighten you. You're used to working with abstract data, and you love discovering new narratives in unmined territories.
Twenty-five years after Capital One was started it's still led by its founder. Be ready to join a community of the smartest people you've ever met, who see the customer first, and want to use their data skills to make a difference.
- At least 3 years' experience with machine learning systems and algorithms
- At least 5 years' experience leading data engineering or software engineering teams
- At least 3 years' experience with data management technologies
- BS, MS, or PhD in a technology field (Computer Science, Applied Math, AI, Machine Learning)
- 3+ years' experience working with AWS
- 3 + years' experience with latest advancements in deep learning
- 3+ years design/implementation knowledge of process automation.
- 1+ years of experience with RPA tools like BluePrism, OpenSpan, Automation Anywhere, WorkFusion
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top