Director - HR Technology
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director - HR Technology
Capital One is looking for a Director of HR Technology to join our team. As the leader of the HR Technology, you will advise and support our customers in setting the technology strategy needed to support the changing business needs and help them achieve their digital goals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a trusted adviser and consultant to the HR business leaders. Understand their core business processes, business priorities which can be enhanced through better use of technology.
- Manage large, complex, Technology projects by leading project teams to deliver business solutions and drive Tech integration.
- Evaluate new tools, and determine how to pilot and operationalize secure and innovative technology while maximizing the leverage of broader technology investment spend.
- Contribute and review solution design: ensure innovation, security, and business requirements are met, while also keeping a keen eye on improving the experience with technology.
- Contribute to the business and technology roadmaps and ensure alignment to the technology strategy and standards.
- Drive adoption of Cloud technology and help migrate business applications in our data centers to the Cloud.
- Partner with other internal or supplier teams as needed. (e.g. architecture, information security, network, identity management)
- Manage budget forecasts and capital and operational expenditures.
- Set a high bar for operational excellence and reduction of technical debt.
- Lead and develop direct reports.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience delivering and managing technical solutions and projects in a technical or management capacity
- At least 2 year of experience in Strategy Development
- At least 3 years of experience in People Management
- Experience with roadmap ownership, use case creation, strategy development, and business partner relationship management
- Master's Degree in Business, Commerce, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Management of Information Systems, or Management of Information Technology
- 3+ years of experience in Strategy Development
- 5+ years of experience in People Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top