Director, DevExchange Product Strategy
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, DevExchange Product Strategy
Capital One is seeking a Director lead our DevExchange Product Strategy. In this role, you will have an opportunity to define the product strategy for DevExchange, engage and influence key business leaders across the company, and drive delivery of new products to DevExchange.
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We are a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 largest banks based on deposits, reaching tens of millions of customers. Simultaneously, Capital One is building DevExchange, a developer focused open API platform, and this is a high-impact role that will move the business forward toward that goal.
The right candidate possesses a blend of skills related to digital transformation, developer platforms, digital transformation, and business understanding. We need a strong, seasoned leader who is comfortable communicating technical complexity to business leaders, leading product management efforts related to external APIs, and working across many functions to drive platform and product thinking.
- Establish and own the DevExchange product roadmap
- Engage with leaders across the company to translate their priorities into workable and committed platform products
- Influence the company through the development of new platform product prototypes and concepts
- Demonstrate best practices for digital transformation programs focused on platforms, and development of product centric organizations
- Drive a coordinated effort for new product launches across Platform marketing, infrastructure, and professional services teams, as well as LOB development efforts.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- You understand key success levers on external developer platforms
- You have experience leading digital and platform transformation projects and engagements in a consulting or advisory capacity
- You have strong product management and product strategy experience
- You have managed product development teams and individual contributors before
- You feel at ease in complex environments.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management
- At least 3 year of experience in product strategy
- MBA or Master's degree
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working for a consulting firm or in an advisory capacity
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top