Director, Data Analytics
Knolls 4 (12021), United States of America, Glen Allen, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Data Analytics
Do you dream of a cloud based data infrastructure? Aspire to protect people just like super heroes?
We are seeking a dynamic, high-performing Director, Data Analytics to join our Retail Bank Customer Protection Team and continuously improve our capabilities to stay ahead of bad actors. This position will have a significant impact on Customer Protection as well as the Retail Bank at large. We are seeking someone who can take charge, think big, and deliver on their commitments.
What you'll do:
This position is responsible for a team of Data Analysts that support the Customer Protection department. Working with Retail Data Leadership and Technology partners, you will be responsible for advancing our data infrastructure. Your team will be responsible for making sure Customer Protection has the data, information, and insights it needs. In addition to Capital One data, the team is always evaluating additional external data sources that will help mitigate our fraud risks. As we push to this new infrastructure and data portfolio, this team will lead the transformation of Customer Protection. The opportunity is to re-think how to mitigate fraud risks and modernize our analytical capabilities.
On any given day you will be:
- Developing the talent on the Customer Protection data analytics team
- Partnering with diverse stakeholders (from Analysts to Executives) to deliver horizontally and vertically across Customer Protection and Retail Bank
- Driving data source and tool innovations based on stakeholder data needs, including adoption of Big Data technologies and development of a program to train and enhance associate skill-sets
- Creating innovative data products that uncover opportunities for improvement in our defense portfolio and processes- Monitoring the governance of data assets per established policy
- Supporting large cross-functional initiatives- Influencing the usage and adoption of data tools and solutions within Customer Protection that pave the way for the entire Retail Bank Data Analyst community
- Working in an agile fashion, managing the stakeholder set and capacity for the team
- Modernize a portfolio of analytics that help protect our customers from fraud and bad actors
- Lead Customer Protection's migration from an on-premise implementation to a cloud based (AWS) implementation
- Partner with various engineering and enterprise functions in adopting and informing data flow standards across ingestion, transformation, access and publishing
- Driving data source and tool innovations based on stakeholder data needs, including adoption of cloud native technologies
- Strategic orientation in their ability to define roadmaps in an incremental way to support business goals
This position will be in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams. An ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities in addition to communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. Prior experience creating organization roadmaps and driving strategy execution.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of Professional Data Analysis experience
- At least 5 years of People Management experience
- At least 2 years of Big Data technology experience
- At least 2 years of Data Visualization experience
- Master's Degree
- 10+ years of Professional Data Analysis experience
- 5+ years of Big Data experience (AWS and Spark)
- 5+ years of cloud native (AWS) data processing experience
- 5+ years of Process Management experience
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- 5+ years of experience with Python
- 5+ years of Data Governance experience
- 2+ years of experience with streaming data technologies (Kafka, Flink, Spark streaming)
- 2+ years of experience with Java or 2+ years of experience with C++
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top