Director, Conversational AI Product Management
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Conversational AI Product Management
In March of 2016, the Capital One Digital Messaging team launched the first skill providing financial account access on the Amazon Alexa platform. In March of 2017, the team launched the first natural language SMS chatbot from a U.S. bank. We're looking for a passionate Sr. Director / Director, Digital Product Management who will ensure the highest performance of several AI-powered virtual assistant and chatbot products that enable people to interact with Capital One in natural language, by text or voice, wherever they may be. Responsibilities will include evolving and executing the vision for Capital One's virtual assistant products and working with a team of A players in technology and design to build category-leading products.
- Establish and execute an innovative, customer-focused virtual assistant product strategy that breaks new ground in the financial industry and drives key metrics for Capital One
- Present virtual assistant product strategy to executive team and stakeholders throughout Capital One
- Inspire, lead and collaborate with a team of engineers and designers to produce and manage innovative virtual assistant products that delight Capital One customers with frictionless access to the financial information they want through the channel they prefer
- Work closely with design team to ensure a great chatbot experience, including the development of a full suite of pro-active insights for customers
- Work with Finance to manage an annual budget
- Work with Legal to negotiate and finalize contracts with key partners
- Benchmark products against Capital One competitors and industry leaders
- Identify and win support for new product opportunities that drive KPIs
- Lead product launch efforts in collaboration with PR, Marketing and Brand teams
- Ensure all products are well-managed in compliance with all company and government regulations
This position requires a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into an exceptional customer-focused solution. We are seeking a dedicated, disciplined professional who excels in a team environment. This individual must be able to effectively communicate and influence partners across the company and across multiple levels of the organization. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to a dynamic agile environment are essential to succeeding in this role. This individual must display strong leadership skills and be able to drive and motivate a team in delivering flawlessly.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 8+ years' experience in digital product management
- 1+ years in consumer facing, AI_powered virtual assistant / chatbot product management
- 3+ years of experience developing digital products using Agile methodology
- 3+ years of experience developing products with a customer-first, design thinking approach
- a passion for getting his or her hands dirty by using products as an early adopter, testing prototypes and digging into user research
- technical literacy with respect to API integration, NLP, AI and data architecture
- an ability to work in fast-paced environment and be resourceful in achieving success in the face of ambiguity while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management
- MBA or Master's degree
- Startup experience
- Management of digital products reaching a scaled audience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top