Director, B2B Product Marketing
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, B2B Product Marketing
Capital One is seeking a Director of Product Marketing to establish a B2B Marketing function and grow a number of new products that are launching in market.
The Enterprise Product organization at Capital One is focused on building and shipping relevant, intuitive and well-designed platforms that help people manage their money and their lives, wherever they are. Enterprise B2B Marketing is a new function that will spearhead and coordinate go-to-market (GTM) plans across enterprise products to drive growth and adoption.
- Develop, oversee and execute a marketing strategy to support our growth goals, including customer acquisition, marketing operations, content, events, social media, PR, branding, company website and demand generation.
- Actively identify multi-product marketing opportunities, and then work with product and stakeholder teams to identify buyer personas, plan and execute multi-product and/or cross-audience campaigns that drive business results across products, measure success and share learnings
- Oversee the creation of communication and collateral that echoes the company brand for clients Product Positioning - develop product value propositions that apply to all target audience and messaging that differentiates our products in the market
- Create unified processes to define product value props, messaging, GTM plans, product marketing metrics and other cross-product activities
- Work with BD teams to communicate product value propositions and develop tools that support the sell-in process to partners and other targets
- Actively participate in other "hub and spoke" integrated teams on behalf of team; represent all Enterprise Digital Products and provide intent with key groups like the Tech Marketing Pod, Events & Sponsorships and others, as identified
Desired Skills and Competencies:
We are looking for someone who loves bringing emerging technologies to life in the business world. This individual must have experience building and executing B2B marketing strategies from the ground up, combined with strong leadership skills and the ability to drive and motivate a team of stakeholders in collaborating and, in partnership, delivering flawless execution as well as continual learning and improvement.
Four skills, in particular, are critical:
- Whole Brained - equally analytical and creative, and know how to employ both skills to deliver bold programs and achieve desired impacts
- Fearless Leadership - highly-disciplined self-starter with a strong POV who can positively, effectively lead themselves and others, often in ambiguous and/or new territory
- Collaboration & Influence - ability to productively partner with a wide variety of teams across the organization to advance Enterprise Digital Products goals and connect marketing activities
- Communication - proficient verbally and in writing as this person will frequently present to and work with a wide variety of groups about our products and customers, write engaging copy and content, tell the "story" of our products in strategy documents and outward-facing materials, etc.
- At least 8 years of experience in a marketing role
- At least 3 years in a product or product marketing role
- Strong process and program management skills
- Excellent people and management skills that leads to productive relationships and interactions with team, department, cross-functional teams, agency partners, new business targets/partners, and other third parties
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top