Director - Audit Practices
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director - Audit Practices
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization's Audit and Risk Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value added opinions and recommendations.
CAS is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Audit Director to join the Audit Practices team. The Audit Practices team oversees quality assurance, methodology, training, operations, Board reporting and process improvements. The Audit Director will be responsible for the planning, execution and reporting of the Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP) and lead internal process improvement efforts.
- Develop strategic and dynamic risk-directed QAIP plan with a focus on risk coverage and value add to CAS
- Direct or oversee the execution of QA reviews to provide effective challenge, and to deliver high quality and high impact QA reviews
- Direct and/or lead QAIP-related process improvement efforts, including special projects, on behalf of the department
- Effectively reviews and compiles relevant, material QA findings and recommendations into readable and concise QA reports
- Communicates complex results and implications, incorporates different perspectives into deliverables
- Ability to deliver appropriate, succinct and organized work product, tailoring communication style to audience
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with key stakeholders
- Develop and function as the QA subject matter expert to CAS
- Lead the QAIP team, including managing and developing direct reports through continuous feedback and coaching
- Demonstrate flexibility in responding to changes in business need, and changes in assignment or priority
- Leverage available data and analytical tools during execution and delivery; seek opportunities to automate and simplify processes
The ideal teammate candidate will possess:
- Ability to navigate ambiguous situations to drive and execute an agenda in a fluid environment
- Clear results orientation and focus on achieving both short and long term goals
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Strategic influencing and interpersonal skills; focus on building strong relationships with business partners and driving consensus
- Ability to balance operating independently with appropriate escalation and interaction with senior leadership
- Have a collaborative, innovative and solution-oriented leadership style
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills; ability to ground proposals with data and facts
- Learning agility and a focus on continuous process improvement; openness to new ideas
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Understanding of key regulatory and audit requirements, including familiarity with the lines of defense risk management framework
As one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For," you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in auditing, at least 10 years of experience in risk management, at least 10 years of experience in compliance, at least 10 years of experience in accounting, or a combination
- At least 5 years of experience in project management experience, or at least 5 years of experience in audit methodology or QAIP
- At least 5 years of experience in people management role
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Master's Degree in Finance, Master's Degree in Economics, or Master of Business Administration
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience working senior management
- 10+ years of experience in internal or external auditing
- 7+ years of experience in Banking or Financial Services
- 7+ years of experience in people management role
- 2+ years of experience performing data analysis in support of internal auditing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top