Director, Application Security Engineering
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Application Security Engineering
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #124 on the Fortune 500, Capital One is one of the nation's top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Help us make application security easy. You will be involved as the product owner of a solution we’re devolving to obtain this goal. Additionally you will be responsible in driving the DevSecOps agenda and ensuring application security can meet the needs of CI/CD. This role is involved in projects or issues of high complexity that require master level knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep experience in enabling organizations with DevSecOps
- Strong experience in rolling out Threat Modeling enterprise wide that can be consumed by developers and engineers
- Ability to prioritize and set the destiny of a security product
- Calmness and clarity of thought under pressure and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain the goals and culture of the organization.
- High levels of integrity in the conduct of personal and professional affairs.
- Demonstrated leader with team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively upper management, IT leaders, and technology vendors.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision, reporting to the head of application security
- A bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in Information Security
- At least 7 years of experience with Applications Security, including familiarity with the leading toolsets supporting Application Security
- At least 2 years of experience with product design, delivery, and ownership
- At least 3 years experience in threat modeling
- 2 years of agile experience.
- 2 years of experience with DevSecOps
- 1 year experience with ATDD/BDD
- 1 year of experience with architecting and designing security infrastructures with special emphasis on cloud environments.
- 1 year of experience with SOX and regulatory and statutory compliance.
- Professional security management certification, such as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or [email protected]
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top