Digital Product Owner - Enterprise Customer
77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Digital Product Owner - Enterprise Customer
The Enterprise Digital API Team at Capital One offers a unique opportunity to work within an entrepreneurial team yet have the resources and tools of a larger company. Our group is driving enhancements both within and across many Capital One lines of business. You will have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in improving the online customer experience for users of Credit Card, Banking and other Capital One products.
The Enterprise Digital API Product Manager is responsible for strategic product initiatives and associated customer experience, from idea to rollout. The product manager will work closely with servicing experience teams to identify and develop new product enhancements, perform business case analysis, obtain acceptance from stakeholders for the recommended initiative, document requirements, and prioritize the enhancement within a combined delivery roadmap. Our Product Managers collaborate with the UI design, marketing, analytics, branding, technology, compliance/legal, operations, and lines of business stakeholders to understand the feasibility and subsequent deliverability of the solution.
The Enterprise Digital API Product Manager role requires a mastery of product & project management, an instinct for developing compelling user interfaces and user experiences, optimized to financial products, and the technical aptitude to collaborate with technology development teams. The Digital Product Manager will be proficient in agile development practices and must have experience as a "product owner" in an agile team. Product managers must have a fun and energetic personality with a "make it happen" attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a passion for outstanding customer experience across all consumer touchpoints, digital and non-digital.
- Implement User-Centered-Design methodologies and research to achieve high user value and satisfaction.
- Have a strong aptitude for great digital design and its impact on customer engagement.
- Product owner responsibilities within an agile team, specifically documenting user stories, acceptance criteria and user interface design
- Drive day-to-day prioritization of work operations, projects and scope, troubleshoot reported issues
- Define, analyze and communicate product roadmap aligned with business objectives and supported by business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis.
- Interface to partner Enterprise Account Servicing Experience (EASE) team to support delivery of Enterprise Customer strategy within a single account servicing experience.
- Promote and create customer loyalty through highly innovative, quality driven product strategies and feature sets
- Document and prioritize product specifications including goals, use cases and requirements
- Work with a cross-functional team to translate customer needs and technology directions into new features and services
- Gather customer feedback to validate that the product works against stated metrics. Prioritize and deliver necessary enhancements
The successful candidate will be able to understand customer expectations; authentication security industry best practices; current gaps & technical constraints; participate in developing the roadmap; drive requirements and ultimately partner with IT Delivery, Operations, enterprise teams (e.g. Legal, Compliance). The Product Manager will be responsible for communicating within the cross-functional team and on behalf of the team to stakeholders and executives.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions, and garner respect from other teams
- Experience with various project management methodologies like agile, waterfall, etc.
- The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent presentation skills, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Great translators; able to speak the language of Tech and of Business teams
- Strong attention to detail, combined with ability to see and explain the big picture
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change, and shifting priorities
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years in Digital Product Management
- At least 2 years of team management experience
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master's Degree in Business, Marketing or Business Administration (MBA)
- New Product Development certification (NPDP)
- Business to Consumer (B2C) Product Management background
- 5 years in Digital Product Management
- 5 years of team management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top